• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Red sea reef LED spectrum

Hincapiej4

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two reef led 90s on my 300xl. I have acros all the way down to zoas..everything is happy. I'm gonna upload a update to my tank soon, but yea. Torts and everything, happy. Whoever says SPS won't grow with these isn't speaking from experience.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
Zoanthids.com
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive. 250 watt Hexarc Phoenix spectral characteristics running both electronic and m80 (What they’re intended to be run on) ballasts

6DC9946F-B83B-43B2-A221-3BEBD79BDB1B.png
In your opinion and @Dana Riddle would you say that this light was the best or atleast up there when it came to growing and colouring up LED? Or is the t5 blue plus better? I know some corals will prefer different type etc but generally speaking for the majority of corals

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
In your opinion and @Dana Riddle would you say that this light was the best or atleast up there when it came to growing and colouring up LED? Or is the t5 blue plus better? I know some corals will prefer different type etc but generally speaking for the majority of corals
It’s generally accepted as an excellent option though very hard to say which is better between it or the blue+ Bulb. I’d lean toward the Phoenix because it is more of a full spectrum solution containing a touch more red and green. Provided they were used in a comparable par and coverage I would expect the difference in growth and color to be negligible at best

How vigilant are you when it comes to the TDS of your RODI water?

• It is VERY important to me

Votes: 294 63.9%
  • It is somewhat important to me

Votes: 130 28.3%
  • It is NOT important to me

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 10 2.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build Your Dream Aquarium Automation System!