Red Sea ReefLED Lights Look Impressive

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a email and thought I would share it.
Lite looks impressive. I also noticed that Led lighting is trending toward a single array or puck as opposed to a layout of single LEDS....Just an observation.
https://www.redseafish.com/?utm_sou...il&utm_term=0_2dbd490786-c659d4f497-131853555
f71fb263-4cc2-4417-a106-53afa4529a1f.jpg

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, i was impress by it, if i had to design one it would look very close to this!
Very curious to get my hand on them and compare.

Single spot light are the best looking light in my opinion.
Now... what is the price, thats the question.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does seem like they went after kessil here, and they look to be quite nice. I however would like to see more panel lighting from LEDs. You just can't make a single cluster that is 2" not shade.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, i was impress by it, if i had to design one it would look very close to this!
Very curious to get my hand on them and compare.

Single spot light are the best looking light in my opinion.
Now... what is the price, thats the question.
I asked and the Red Sea Rep said $350 USD in their marketing thread for the 90W, not price on 50w version. ~$69 for the fancy mounting arm.

I am very interested. curious to see some 3rd party reviews.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at one of our LFS the other day and the Red Sea rep was there demoing the light for them. Of course me being me, I stepped behind the counter and listened lol.

Supposedly you cannot burn your coral with them, provided the directions are followed. They have done extensive testing with the lights over numerous tanks, with crazy flow, calm flow, etc. This allowed them figure a par average based on numerous studies of different tanks. So per the reps wording, follow the directions and you should be good.

As for cooling, they have fans. The fans are near silent, even with the light on for over an hour at 100%. The heat sinks were warm to the touch, but not like you could not hold the light with it on and running. I even touched the inside of my forearm to it, and it was only warm in that aspect. Hands are not the greatest indicator of actual heat for me lol.

Color and spectrum was very nice, even on some of the presets he demonstrated. The cloud feature in some of the presets was nice as well. Seems like you could blast some SPS, but throw in a cloud here or there to give them a break for a few.

As for spread, the lens they use actually does a nice job of distributing the light.

For pricing, he was very tight lipped on it. The only comment was "It will be in line with other higher end leds." I did poke him about if he was referring to AI and Kessil or the Ecotech Radions. He just looked at me and gave no answer lol.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does seem like they went after kessil here, and they look to be quite nice. I however would like to see more panel lighting from LEDs. You just can't make a single cluster that is 2" not shade.
I hear ya. We have to add a t5-kit to cover or go reef-breader typ of fixture. I suspect a array of small clusters down the road.

Impressive how?

Does it have fan cooling?
The Led matrix is spread out, not as focused as my 360's also they are recessed to prevent spill over. now on to the Tech.............................

I asked and the Red Sea Rep said $350 USD in their marketing thread for the 90W, not price on 50w version. ~$69 for the fancy mounting arm.

I am very interested. curious to see some 3rd party reviews.
350 is in line. Some one has to be testing these?

As for spread, the lens they use actually does a nice job of distributing the light.
Again I like the wider array of leds , the led mounting board has to run cooler than packing 90 watts into .75" like the kessil.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back