cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why can't I find any reviews on red sea salt. all I can find is red sea salt pro. does anyone on here use it? I just got some because my alk is to high for my system and I don't like doing a water change and it bring it back up. i'd rather keep it low at like 7-8 and not at 12.

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why can't I find any reviews on red sea salt. all I can find is red sea salt pro. does anyone on here use it? I just got some because my alk is to high for my system and I don't like doing a water change and it bring it back up. i'd rather keep it low at like 7-8 and not at 12.
This is why I started using red sea salt. When mixed the parameters match my tank much better than any other salt I've used. I have not had any problems with this salt.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some reviews on amazon, I have used Red Sea salts for years and had good results with the products. Yes coral pro is going to have higher alk, ca, mg to help corals grow faster. If you are wanting to reduce you Akl then rea sea regular is a good choice.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched to Red Sea regular because it has the parameters I'm now looking for which is a lower dKh. I keep my tank at about 8-8.5 anyway so this salt works best.

regular IO can have some inconsistency too, although many public aquaria use it.

RSCP an IORC have really high alk and I'm just tired of it and the inconsistency.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using red sea Blue bucket for years, have tried a few others but have been the happiest with this salt. Mixes easily, no residue, mixes close to my tank parameters, and parameters have been pretty stable from bucket to bucket

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea coral pro and I absolutely love it. The only thin I ever have to add is magnesium to it.
Used to use instant ocean and it seemed very "cheap" if that makes sense. My mag/calcium was always out of whack at 1.025 gravity.

Only "issue" with Red Sea is that it takes about a half hour to reply mix together rather than mayyyyybe 10 min with instant ocean.

The only way I would ever switch from Red Sea is if another came out with better mag levels.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea coral pro and I absolutely love it. The only thin I ever have to add is magnesium to it.
Used to use instant ocean and it seemed very "cheap" if that makes sense. My mag/calcium was always out of whack at 1.025 gravity.

Only "issue" with Red Sea is that it takes about a half hour to reply mix together rather than mayyyyybe 10 min with instant ocean.

The only way I would ever switch from Red Sea is if another came out with better mag levels.
Look at Aquaforest Reef salt;)

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea coral pro and I absolutely love it. Only "issue" with Red Sea is that it takes about a half hour to reply mix together rather than mayyyyybe 10 min with instant ocean.

Strange, I've had the exact opposite result. I have used Red Sea regular and pro, both mixed very quickly. I used instant ocean when I first started into the hobby Bc it was cheap and it shows. Mixing this stuff takes forever and there always seems to be residue left in my mixing buckets.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Cody, I will say Red Sea does leave a small residue in the bottom of my bucket but I've had much better growth and more stable parameters with it vs IO.
one thing I love about it is that I have a 25 gal and 10 gal and even with evaporation, does my parameters every stray more than 0.002.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww I got excited
Even this is lower than coral pro
I had been using Red Sea for over 15 years and someone suggested to the the AF a try, and I like it:) tank dose too

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had my tank a few months but coral pro is doing great so far.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back