Red seaa 300 DC Skimmer reducing the run time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ives
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ives

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
23
Location
England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a red sea skimmer 300 dsk dc. I want to reduce the number of hours it runs each day. I could put a timer on the socket, but having looked around reef beat app cannot seem to set up a stop time only a start time. Have tried YouTube but no luck. It was pulling out a fair amount of muck to start with, but now the refugium algae seems to be growing well is not pulling out so much. I also have Maxspect, Bio sphere, anaerobic block and Nano clear cube. Have gone through the ugly stage and everyone in tank seems happy. Test every 5 days for Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, PH, SG, Magnesium and alkalinity and I am well within paramaters required. i am asking as seen some members running a few hours per day or a few times a week. Happy to run it 24/7 but is it necessaryAnyone have some guidance tia ivan
 
Hi, I have a red sea skimmer 300 dsk dc. I want to reduce the number of hours it runs each day. I could put a timer on the socket, but having looked around reef beat app cannot seem to set up a stop time only a start time. Have tried YouTube but no luck. It was pulling out a fair amount of muck to start with, but now the refugium algae seems to be growing well is not pulling out so much. I also have Maxspect, Bio sphere, anaerobic block and Nano clear cube. Have gone through the ugly stage and everyone in tank seems happy. Test every 5 days for Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, PH, SG, Magnesium and alkalinity and I am well within paramaters required. i am asking as seen some members running a few hours per day or a few times a week. Happy to run it 24/7 but is it necessaryAnyone have some guidance tia ivan
The app has a scheduling part you can try that. Other way is to bypass the controller to use the timer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new