RedSea Reefer S-1000 Build

I’m interested to see it when it arrives

I think you are going to have the first unboxing on R2R — maybe first period

Looking forward to seeing it on wed!
I haven’t seen anyone else on R2R yet but I did see that a couple guys on Facebook received theirs already. Unfortunately my local freight distribution center is super backed up. I’m just hoping it goes out tomorrow like it’s supposed too.
 
Well delivery didn’t go as planned. The driver dropped the the tank while unloading it and it had to be refused. I now have no idea when I’ll get a replacement.
CB156E02-D11C-4BCB-9AC5-C73EF9909610.jpeg
51B90B57-864F-400B-9859-17D4B10150FF.jpeg
36A7AA15-51E7-4EE4-B436-233B09C3AB2C.jpeg
84A22D0F-3DA1-465E-B2C7-529BA0B3F358.jpeg
D421222C-32F8-45AF-B023-92988046398D.jpeg
 
Ugh that is awful -- red sea is pretty good about this stuff from what I have seen

that is rough though...
 
Ugh that is awful -- red sea is pretty good about this stuff from what I have seen

that is rough though...
I have been really impressed with the way Red Sea is handling everything. They got a new tank shipped in under 24 hours.
 
The upside to all this is it gives me more time to create my aquascape. Im going to be making a NSA style scape and I expect it to take me a while to get something I'm happy with.
 
Scape looks amazing! I just recently made my scape and saw a thread of someone using the pink Marco and painting the entire scape with it. My thought process behind that was the ugly stage wouldn’t be as ugly against a darker backdrop of color beside the white rock.
DDBAEFD8-D107-443D-B984-A577F689CF70.jpeg
 
Scape looks amazing! I just recently made my scape and saw a thread of someone using the pink Marco and painting the entire scape with it. My thought process behind that was the ugly stage wouldn’t be as ugly against a darker backdrop of color beside the white rock.
DDBAEFD8-D107-443D-B984-A577F689CF70.jpeg
That’s pretty clever. That looks good!
 
While I wait for the replacement tank to come in I added some shelves in my fish closet to store all my dry goods and eventually where I’ll be mounting custom dosing containers. There’s currently 12 dosing lines,5 sets of 2 conductor wiring, and an aquabus cable there for any future needs
59CCD1FE-EDFB-4EFA-9738-70B446FF8391.jpeg
E672A22E-60D9-413F-A063-7091696E6872.jpeg
1F07B882-C2C9-4234-811D-F150EE8349F1.jpeg
24D13A18-42F1-4D29-9575-246D608EFE75.jpeg
 
While I wait for the replacement tank to come in I added some shelves in my fish closet to store all my dry goods and eventually where I’ll be mounting custom dosing containers. There’s currently 12 dosing lines,5 sets of 2 conductor wiring, and an aquabus cable there for any future needs
59CCD1FE-EDFB-4EFA-9738-70B446FF8391.jpeg
E672A22E-60D9-413F-A063-7091696E6872.jpeg
1F07B882-C2C9-4234-811D-F150EE8349F1.jpeg
24D13A18-42F1-4D29-9575-246D608EFE75.jpeg
Looking great!

Care to provide some details of how you are routing your dosing / AWC change lines through the ceiling?
 
Looking great!

Care to provide some details of how you are routing your dosing / AWC change lines through the ceiling?
Basically I cut out holes to mount brush gang plates. In my closet the gang plate is just mounted to the ceiling. Behind the tank its mounted parallel to an outlet. I followed that stud up and drilled a hole in the header (2x4 connecting the wall studs) and fished the wiring down and out the brush plate. See post 19 for the pictures
 
Got the scape basically done. This is before adding the E-Marcos cement. After the cement goes on I’ll glue rock dust/sand over it to hide it and make it look like it does below
86CC1BE8-C69F-42E8-AC13-0AF1F6A402B3.jpeg
E6C7ED2A-9D12-4CEF-8544-0E6C774E6335.jpeg
0553091D-391D-48D3-8644-86262B21B611.jpeg
9BFEC6D2-5995-41EE-BF4F-B9F6D14E4CD8.jpeg
933846C2-97FA-4D0E-A9BD-650B9A64BFE7.jpeg
D4FD6B2C-33EF-431B-BC91-B98288F02835.jpeg
B1FAB6A3-D854-4686-8FAE-3292F4C73232.jpeg
What are you using to hold the rockwork together?
 
What are you using to hold the rockwork together?
So I followed BRS how to NSA video and the way Ive seen tidal gardens to it. Basically my approach was to use Thick CA glue and activator. In the spots with a lot of leverage against it, I then filled it with the dust/rubble and used very thin almost watery CA glue (this is how tidal gardens does the entire scape in their video) after all of that I went back and added E-Marcos Mortar. Im now in the process of covering the grey mortar with sand/dust to make it look natural again. But it should make it super strong
 
This looks awesome! I've got one schedule for delivery in July at my LFS. Such an awesome tank... love the scape too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new