Reef Brite Color Combo Help

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using 2 Reef Brite strips over my frag tank. I have one all blue and one all day. I'm not happy with the colors. The corals look very blah and the acans lose a lot of color. I was thinking of adding another Reef Brite strip in another color. What should I add?

50/50
or
All blue


Also, the frag tank close to the same size of a standard 10 gallon tank and the strips are about 5-6" above the water. Should I need more than 2 Reef Brites to grow corals? I read that 1 Reef Brite strip is the equivalent to 1 T5.


Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Anyone have experience with these ref brites?
 
I would add a couple of T5's rather than adding more reefbrites. I have a combo of both over my reef and it is perfect. At this point I would not put all LED's over my tank.
 
I would add another blue. I have 5 xho over my 75 3 blue 2 white. Also have 3 regular strips over a 40b 2 blue 1 white. Amazing color.
 
2 blues to 1 white gives good color in the tank, but to get good colors out of your acans you should probably add a couple T5s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new