Reef Cleaners dry rock no curing?

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef cleaners rock claims to be completely organic free so does this mean that when I introduce it to a tank there should not be an ammonia spike? I ask because I have a 10 gallon tank with rock that is leaching lots of phosphates into the water so I'm replacing it with this rock(I like it more anyways). Would it be safe to keep my crab and goby in there or should I move them out temporarily?

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put it all in at once your gonna have a mini type of cycle. Best to put pieces in slowly at a time over several weeks

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't have an ammonia spike from the added rock, but you will have an ammonia spike if you remove your existing rock. The best case scenario would be to add your new rock and leave the old rock in there until the new rock can populate with bacteria. Or like PSLreefer mentioned, do it little by little.

OP
OP
S

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't have an ammonia spike from the added rock, but you will have an ammonia spike if you remove your existing rock. The best case scenario would be to add your new rock and leave the old rock in there until the new rock can populate with bacteria. Or like PSLreefer mentioned, do it little by little.
I also am considering redoing the sand because it had lots of debris in it, should I do that in the same way or all at once

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back