reef grass! no seriously what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bob

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BsFXVl.jpg


New tank (old rock) has been up for about two weeks now - running phosban through a TLF150 reactor as well - all parameters look good. I just dialed up the intensity on my LEDs about a week ago, which is when I started to notice this grass. What is it, and who eats it!?

edit: link to higher res image
 
I forget the name of it but a queen conch or fighting conch will take care of it quick!
 
if she's not taking care of business - what is the next step besides obvious water changes etc etc? Can I mix up the sand and sort of 'bury' the grass without hurting anything?
 
if she's not taking care of business - what is the next step besides obvious water changes etc etc? Can I mix up the sand and sort of 'bury' the grass without hurting anything?

You could but it'd just be a temp visual band aid it'd come back you always could squirt some Kent tech M on it a few time that should kill it off!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new