reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I ssh into from mobile?
Sorry if I am not clear on this . You don’t ssh from mobile, if you are on your home network, then you can access reef-pi from your browser , same as reef2reef website

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of confusion for me, ip, hostname, websites, browsers, static ip,
accessing reef-pi on mobile took me a while to work it out, I've never been good remembering names in my life so this just all gets confused in my head if that makes sense

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of confusion for me, ip, hostname, websites, browsers, static ip, accessing on mobiletook me a while to work it out, I've never been good remembering names in my life so this just all gets confused in my head if that makes sense
I'm not good at the memory thing myself, so I can relate. There are many ways to achieve the same thing, so, if you only do it infrequently, Google is your friend.
Linux is quite powerful, especially when you get used to the command line. I find it far easier to punch in a bunch of commands to get all the info about your system, update your programs, clean up files, network info, etc. I'm by no means a coder but am competent navigating, mainly due to the equipment I work on is all Unix/ Linux based OS. If you're inclined, search for linux commands to learn more.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I am not clear on this . You don’t ssh from mobile, if you are on your home network, then you can access reef-pi from your browser , same as reef2reef website
Technically, you can ssh from a mobile provided you have a command line app on your device. :D

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically, you can ssh from a mobile provided you have a command line app on your device. :D
True that :0) . But I think its even more involved, and for the uninitiated, it can be harder.

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running your reef-pi completely remote or do you have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to it?
Yeah remote, it's just pi0w running my lights, turning them on and off with timers, I worked out the timers after 5 attempts and now think I have a good handle on them

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib the trouble shooting guide is page 404 from this
https://reef-pi.github.io/general-guides/
Be nice to be added on post 1 here
I will. I am in process of wrapping up the doser guide for adafruit and website updates 2.0. There are literally whole hundreds of changes that I have to make in the website. Sorry for the broken and old docs in the website , its going through some serious changes as we type,

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah remote, it's just pi0w running my lights, turning them on and off with timers, I worked out the timers after 5 attempts and now think I have a good handle on them
You're further along than I am, your lights have dimmers. Mine are just on relays... for now. I have temp being monitored but haven't got a heater. I'm in Florida, so cooling is far more challenging than heating. I had my AC replaced last year and added a duct in the fishtank room/ office.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. I am in process of wrapping up the doser guide for adafruit and website updates 2.0. There are literally whole hundreds of changes that I have to make in the website. Sorry for the broken and old docs in the website , its going through some serious changes as we type,
The work you have done thus far is top notch! Thank you!!!

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can imagine the headaches from it all ranjib, don't burn out man, awsome you share this with everyone

Here's a coral pic or two
20181102_160314.jpeg
20181102_160303.jpeg

LionHeart2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're further along than I am, your lights have dimmers. Mine are just on relays... for now. I have temp being monitored but haven't got a heater. I'm in Florida, so cooling is far more challenging than heating. I had my AC replaced last year and added a duct in the fishtank room/ office.
Only manual dimming for me, but I stagger each panel turning on and off so it's a bit of sunrise sunset in a way, I have 4 of the 165w mars aquas

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little UI bug that I've encountered before and I see still persists.....

When editing number fields, if you click on the number and then use the backspace key to remove the numbers/text and you go too far back, suddenly "NaN" appears in the box and you can't get rid of it by backspacing or anything or enter your required values. You then click on another field / tab and then go back and the field has reset and you can proceed.

2018-11-14_LI.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back