reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib Just got my ph calibration solutions at 7 and 10. What is the recommendation on how to do it. Should I wash the probe in rodi then put in 7 first or 10 first? How long should it sit there? Do I just wrote down the mv values or do I need to run some commands? Thanks! Excited!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like that works. Seems as if the settings are confused or maybe I am lol. I assumed min was to keep it on a minimum light at all times regardless of timer and start was how you wanted it to start or something. Idk lol.
yes. The start setting is confusing and I am planning to remove it. Light UI will go through many changes, including pluggable profiles, ability to customize 1 min to 15 min interval values etc etc..

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib Just got my ph calibration solutions at 7 and 10. What is the recommendation on how to do it. Should I wash the probe in rodi then put in 7 first or 10 first? How long should it sit there? Do I just wrote down the mv values or do I need to run some commands? Thanks! Excited!
temperature is more important. Gentle rinse in normal salt water or ro di water is good but not necessary if you ask me. Whats most important is the calibration done at same temperature as tank and the probe is there for some time so that the readings gets settled (few minutes at least)...

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.. keep it for few minutes, poll the probe at 15s interval and just watch the readings in dashboard or log, note it down.. then run the calibration command

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will we see that? I'd love to see that asap!
Don't ask for timelines they imply promises, and we have only one planned release , during thanksgiving :)
all the beta releases will be in between but not any specific cadence, its as and when I get those done..

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ask for timelines they imply promises, and we have only one planned release , during thanksgiving :)
all the beta releases will be in between but not any specific cadence, its as and when I get those done..
Any way I could buy you a coffee or red bull to get that pushed in the next beta ;)

ummwhy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me troubleshoot a Temp Sensor Probe DS18b20. It was working fine, I rebooted the pi and it went missing.
Red - GPIO 1, Yellow - GPIO 4, Black - Ground GPIO 6 4.7ohm resistor. I tried resetting the database using
sudo systemctl stop reef-pi.service
sudo rm -f /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db
sudo systemctl start reef-pi.service
with no luck

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me troubleshoot a Temp Sensor Probe DS18b20. It was working fine, I rebooted the pi and it went missing.
Red - GPIO 1, Yellow - GPIO 4, Black - Ground GPIO 6 4.7ohm resistor. I tried resetting the database using
sudo systemctl stop reef-pi.service
sudo rm -f /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db
sudo systemctl start reef-pi.service
with no luck
Did you try to delete the sensor and re add it

ummwhy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try to delete the sensor and re add it

Won't even show up

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 3.34.09 PM.png

ummwhy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There wouldn't happen to be an alternative method I could try 1st? Everything is in that box

IMG_3476.jpeg

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glued down, looking for command line testing... If it won't show up in term I'll replace it then.
Most common cause is an intermittent wire touching ground in the connectors. The wires are small. The ground ring is big and it can move. Check wiring carefully.

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glued down, looking for command line testing... If it won't show up in term I'll replace it then.
In your initial question you said a 4.7ohm resistor, I hope you meant 4.7k ohm...

The commands to check it out would be:
Code:
cd /sys/bus/w1/devices

ls   #this will show you the devices recognized by the system

cd 28-XXXXXXXXXXXX   #change the Xs to the number that showed in the previous step

cat w1_slave   #this should give you a raw reading from the sensor

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back