reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it was discussed somewhere but I can’t find it. Right now my temp(recent) shows readings for the past 12 hours. Is there a way to change that to 24 or 48 hours?
Under the telemetry configuration section you can define the number of data points that will be saved for individual metrics for recent data ( per check interval) and historical data (hourly average ). Those values and your actual check interval together determines how long look back time is. For example 60 data points for recent data at 5 min interval will only have 300 min or 5 hour worth of look back

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib After a house move and quarantine, I'm finally ready to upgrade from 3.0 alpha...is there anything I need to know before upgrading? Do I need to wipe the database or is it a seamless upgrade?

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw your message, sorry
This is my psu think it enough unless I need to get a 1A not 5A

image.jpg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib After a house move and quarantine, I'm finally ready to upgrade from 3.0 alpha...is there anything I need to know before upgrading? Do I need to wipe the database or is it a seamless upgrade?
Should be seamless. Still keep the existing db copied in some place else (/home/pi)

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we use the PCA9865 for additional outputs. I was looking at the connectors for inlets and noticed the PCA9865 was an option for a driver. Can the PCA9865 be used as an inlet also using the below for a float switch?
545AB62A-F51E-4FF9-8B76-9AEE897BFBE1.jpeg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we use the PCA9865 for additional outputs. I was looking at the connectors for inlets and noticed the PCA9865 was an option for a driver. Can the PCA9865 be used as an inlet also using the below for a float switch?
545AB62A-F51E-4FF9-8B76-9AEE897BFBE1.jpeg
float switch are input (inlet), and can not be used with pca9685. You can use it for relay other than raw pwm, thats what it means. I have not tested it yet. its basically 100% duty cycle pwm.

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody can help me I am sort of struggling to get my power relay to work.
I heard clicking and then channel 3 started to work then stopped then Channel 6 started to work. Now nothing works. I am lost. I check all connection were not lose and I double checked I didn’t have any cold solder. What I am thinking might be an issue is the connection between my raspberry pi and the perma hat. I am new was I suppose to solder them together or use the provide connection?

51D07E41-5E64-41E6-A5FE-FB03DD41DA66.jpeg 81634EB7-7582-4D24-99BE-7DA59FB8DF5D.jpeg 072AB09C-E77C-41FF-879D-C85A6F872757.jpeg 4771F817-3066-45A3-9196-6275021F18CC.jpeg

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
float switch are input (inlet), and can not be used with pca9685. You can use it for relay other than raw pwm, thats what it means. I have not tested it yet. its basically 100% duty cycle pwm.

I actually forgot you can use the same float inlet for multiple rules. I just made a test macro that disables the ATO and enables/disables the rules then re-enables ATO. No need for another float switch :)

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help it was my Raspberry pi connection with my pi hat not fully inserted. Now just adjust my gpio channels. Thsnks again.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody can help me I am sort of struggling to get my power relay to work.
I heard clicking and then channel 3 started to work then stopped then Channel 6 started to work. Now nothing works. I am lost. I check all connection were not lose and I double checked I didn’t have any cold solder. What I am thinking might be an issue is the connection between my raspberry pi and the perma hat. I am new was I suppose to solder them together or use the provide connection?

51D07E41-5E64-41E6-A5FE-FB03DD41DA66.jpeg 81634EB7-7582-4D24-99BE-7DA59FB8DF5D.jpeg 072AB09C-E77C-41FF-879D-C85A6F872757.jpeg 4771F817-3066-45A3-9196-6275021F18CC.jpeg
With reef-pi running, switch on/off the corresponding outlet and take voltage readings across pi gpio, perma proto /uln input pins and finally on the db9 connector pins. remember from uln onward multi meter black probe goes on to uln/db9 pins and red probe goes to 12 v. See where the voltage readings are not as expected . It will be easier if you have a dedicated thread, we are likely to loose context in this thread.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is approaching, and i am thinking about 4.0 release. It has been very hectic and i have not been able to push a lot of code as expected, lately. I am thinking whether to do a 4.0 release or skip it. Technically we dont have to have a major version release, since there no breaking changes. But historically it has been a tradition to do yearly reef-pi release during thanksgiving, hence the dilemma.

I am thinking of wrapping up some minor bugs and polish documentation and cut a release (4.0 ?) , if we want stick to the tradition. We did have quiet a few changes across the board (new features, drivers, bug fixes etc) encompassing 3->4 development, but most of those have been already incrementally shipped.

Let me know what you all think

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is approaching, and i am thinking about 4.0 release. It has been very hectic and i have not been able to push a lot of code as expected, lately. I am thinking whether to do a 4.0 release or skip it. Technically we dont have to have a major version release, since there no breaking changes. But historically it has been a tradition to do yearly reef-pi release during thanksgiving, hence the dilemma.

I am thinking of wrapping up some minor bugs and polish documentation and cut a release (4.0 ?) , if we want stick to the tradition. We did have quiet a few changes across the board (new features, drivers, bug fixes etc) encompassing 3->4 development, but most of those have been already incrementally shipped.

How about a full set of sliders for the lighting, that would really polish it off especially for those of use that use multiple channels, you'd be able to adjust the peak spectrum to your taste or par meter quite quickly. Maybe clouds and lightning feature for novelty?

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Traditions are made to be broken. Don't release something "just because". If there are enough new features to warrant a 4.0, then release it. Otherwise, do a 3.6 or 3.5.1 if it's just a minor bugfix, etc.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, I have some minor bugs with the most recent release but nothing major. The temp probe issue is only with my iPhone

FD08ABF0-D2B9-492E-9402-8E5223513CD1.jpeg

And the log fills up with errors when telemetry is active but still reporting just fine to adafruit.

D1F8B46C-F098-41DC-B60C-8D1A97D38ED9.jpeg

Other than those it’s smooth sailing.
I would rather see big updates in a new release like controllable widgets in the dashboard, ability to organize/hide equipment switches, addition of new drivers, etc. but I’m not complaining. Reefpi has been amazing over the past years.

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, I have some minor bugs with the most recent release but nothing major. The temp probe issue is only with my iPhone

FD08ABF0-D2B9-492E-9402-8E5223513CD1.jpeg

And the log fills up with errors when telemetry is active but still reporting just fine to adafruit.

D1F8B46C-F098-41DC-B60C-8D1A97D38ED9.jpeg

Other than those it’s smooth sailing.
I would rather see big updates in a new release like controllable widgets in the dashboard, ability to organize/hide equipment switches, addition of new drivers, etc. but I’m not complaining. Reefpi has been amazing over the past years.

I also get that temperature sensor error, though I believe it maybe the sdcard maybe corrupted, I'm not sure if you can fix errors like you can in Windows, the problem exists in android and also windows for me. My error seems to have occurred during a power cut a couple of weeks ago when my battery backup ran out of juice.

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also get that temperature sensor error, though I believe it maybe the sdcard maybe corrupted, I'm not sure if you can fix errors like you can in Windows, the problem exists in android and also windows for me. My error seems to have occurred during a power cut a couple of weeks ago when my battery backup ran out of juice.

That's the same error on the temp probe page I get. The values are still showing on the dashboard though.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an issue with my relay board. Two channels got stuck in "ON" after like 20 seconds of running. Not much current or anything. I assume it's due to micro welding inside the relay or something. And I guess that's what you get when using cheap boards from China...
I'll be switching over to smart plugs instead.
I guess I just wanted to give people a heads up. I'm happy it happened while I was setting the equipment up, otherwise the pump could have been stuck on for hours instead of seconds...

ChrisNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is approaching, and i am thinking about 4.0 release.

The only thing I am on the edge of my seat for is fixes to how the dashboard is displaying graphs. if we could get a 3.x that resolve that I would be content.

Back