Reef stores in Birmingham

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Imports and Reef Life are the only non big box stores in the area. Both leave a lot to be desired. If you're from the Tampa area then you're going to be disappointed, lol.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your main shop in Tampa? Reef Life reminds me of the LFS in Brandon (can't remember the name) as it's pretty small but has a decent selection. If you're driving up here I would suggest stopping by Atlantis Aquariums in Montgomery.

OP
OP
Jmonks

Jmonks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main shop in Tampa was Creative Aquariums. I need to update my signature I actually live in Jackson Mississippi now. We were just driving over for the weekend. I will check it out if I ever head that way.

I think know the store you are talking about but never went in there. Cant think of the name either

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lived in AL for two years. I would always drive back home to Atlanta for anything I didn't get online and for frags, etc from ARC. B'ham is pretty bad in terms of sw stores.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it, but the best frags and corals for sale or trade in Birmingham area are in other members tanks, there are several stores that sell salt water , but just because you have four tanks, with dying frags and a yellow tang with a good case of ich, really doesn't qualify as a good salt water store, just my opinion. There are several members here that have really good frags, at good prices, and most like to trade.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it, but the best frags and corals for sale or trade in Birmingham area are in other members tanks, there are several stores that sell salt water , but just because you have four tanks, with dying frags and a yellow tang with a good case of ich, really doesn't qualify as a good salt water store, just my opinion. There are several members here that have really good frags, at good prices, and most like to trade.
And how do I find these people? (Please don't say Facebook)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back