Reefer Noob says hi !

Hi everyone.

Been lurking on the site for a day or two. I am new to Reefing but have kept freshwater before. I currently have a Planted tank.

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Nuvo 20. I have the sand and rock ready but am doing as much DD as I can.

I underestimated startup costs so accumulating equipment little by little.

With that being said, I look forward to posting in the near future and learning from you all.

I am recently new in Texas as well (DFW). So always nice to make new friends with common interests.

Side note: WTB nano skimmer, AI prime , ATO. Pumps etc.

Anything 2nd hand, trying to save a few bucks lol

Thanks for reading ! Reach out anytime !
Welcome!
 
Welcome to the forum!
Flirty Hello GIF
 
Newbies are horrible!

Just kidding. Just take your time, do your research, and just remember, there is nothing you can buy that will replace understanding the biology of your little ecosystem.

Maybe one thing you can purchase. Julian Sprungs book, “The Reef Aquarium “
 
Hi everyone.

Been lurking on the site for a day or two. I am new to Reefing but have kept freshwater before. I currently have a Planted tank.

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Nuvo 20. I have the sand and rock ready but am doing as much DD as I can.

I underestimated startup costs so accumulating equipment little by little.

With that being said, I look forward to posting in the near future and learning from you all.

I am recently new in Texas as well (DFW). So always nice to make new friends with common interests.

Side note: WTB nano skimmer, AI prime , ATO. Pumps etc.

Anything 2nd hand, trying to save a few bucks lol

Thanks for reading ! Reach out anytime !
Hi Fellow DFW'er!!

I'm Lisa and I've been in TX about 8 years... still getting used to it. I'm halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth in Grand Prairie. Our local club DFWMAS is very active in sales of used equipment and has great monthly guest speakers (zoom due to COVID). Lurking on there for months scored me my entire setup - links to both below.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new