ReefWave 45 Uniform Wave Pulse Time Not Working

  • Thread starter Thread starter BSej
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BSej

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
307
Reaction score
57
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I set up my ReefWave 45 on uniform wave, but the "pulse time" does not seem to affect anything. I thought this meant that it would sent out a current for x seconds, and then stop briefly. It doesn't seem to stop ever. Thanks.
 
The reason I'm asking is because the constant flow is way too strong for my tank. I have it on the lowest setting, I have one motor facing the wall, and the current that reaches the other side of the tank (4') is still too strong. If I could get it to pulse (as it sounds like it should) that would be perfect.
 
I have a 45 on one end of my 4' (Red Sea 350) and even at 80% (the highest I have my random Custom set for) it doesn't seem like too much flow. The "Uniform" pulses for 3 seconds at 40% forward by default, but you can adjust that in settings. Maybe adjust to less than 30%?

How are you gathering that it's too strong at the other side?
 
I have a 45 on one end of my 4' (Red Sea 350) and even at 80% (the highest I have my random Custom set for) it doesn't seem like too much flow. The "Uniform" pulses for 3 seconds at 40% forward by default, but you can adjust that in settings. Maybe adjust to less than 30%?

How are you gathering that it's too strong at the other side?
Turns out the pulse time does work, it's just hard to notice at low intensity.

I think it's too strong on the other side because the corals I have there are getting blasted heavily in one direction and don't open fully.

I'm thinking I don't have enough rock structure and the water is very freely getting from one end to the other?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new