ReefWave 45 Uniform Wave Pulse Time Not Working

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I set up my ReefWave 45 on uniform wave, but the "pulse time" does not seem to affect anything. I thought this meant that it would sent out a current for x seconds, and then stop briefly. It doesn't seem to stop ever. Thanks.

OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I'm asking is because the constant flow is way too strong for my tank. I have it on the lowest setting, I have one motor facing the wall, and the current that reaches the other side of the tank (4') is still too strong. If I could get it to pulse (as it sounds like it should) that would be perfect.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a 45 on one end of my 4' (Red Sea 350) and even at 80% (the highest I have my random Custom set for) it doesn't seem like too much flow. The "Uniform" pulses for 3 seconds at 40% forward by default, but you can adjust that in settings. Maybe adjust to less than 30%?

How are you gathering that it's too strong at the other side?

OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 on one end of my 4' (Red Sea 350) and even at 80% (the highest I have my random Custom set for) it doesn't seem like too much flow. The "Uniform" pulses for 3 seconds at 40% forward by default, but you can adjust that in settings. Maybe adjust to less than 30%?

How are you gathering that it's too strong at the other side?
Turns out the pulse time does work, it's just hard to notice at low intensity.

I think it's too strong on the other side because the corals I have there are getting blasted heavily in one direction and don't open fully.

I'm thinking I don't have enough rock structure and the water is very freely getting from one end to the other?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back