Refer newbie

Threedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. New to reefing. Have mostly had freshwater tanks most of my life. I dabbled with a saltwater setup when I was in my 20's but that was 35+ years ago, before the internet. Information, either good or bad was limited. So, it was a short lived disaster. I got back into salt water about 7 months ago and have had no livestock losses... so far. 30 gallon set up with a couple of clowns, a dotty back and a cleanup crew consisting of 3 astrid snails, 3 emerald crabs, and a banded shrimp. I do weekly water tests which show up perfect results. I haven't done any of the reef tests yet since, so far I am only fowlr. However, I intend on introducing corals in another 5 months when my tank has matured for a year. Plus, it gives me time to research corals and try to figure out my lights and flow and get my reef water parameters in tune.

The equipment I am running is:

HOB skimmer (that is finally dialed in)
Canister filter with in-line heater
Single wave-maker
LED light panel with 2 channels, supposedly will support corals.

I plan on renting a PAR meter online to get readings throughout the tank.

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Any guidance is welcome.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif
Welcome to R2R!!!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. New to reefing. Have mostly had freshwater tanks most of my life. I dabbled with a saltwater setup when I was in my 20's but that was 35+ years ago, before the internet. Information, either good or bad was limited. So, it was a short lived disaster. I got back into salt water about 7 months ago and have had no livestock losses... so far. 30 gallon set up with a couple of clowns, a dotty back and a cleanup crew consisting of 3 astrid snails, 3 emerald crabs, and a banded shrimp. I do weekly water tests which show up perfect results. I haven't done any of the reef tests yet since, so far I am only fowlr. However, I intend on introducing corals in another 5 months when my tank has matured for a year. Plus, it gives me time to research corals and try to figure out my lights and flow and get my reef water parameters in tune.

The equipment I am running is:

HOB skimmer (that is finally dialed in)
Canister filter with in-line heater
Single wave-maker
LED light panel with 2 channels, supposedly will support corals.

I plan on renting a PAR meter online to get readings throughout the tank.

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Any guidance is welcome.

Welcome to R2R! Happy reefing!

giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back