Reminiscing....... Lol

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troylee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I had the same experience...starring at rocks....I found a few hitch hiker crabs and I thought they were the coolest things ever....my striped damsel was so cool....that pistol shrimp constantly snapping was so loud and neat...

Then, I remember it all slowly going away....I eventually learned that the crabs were trouble makers....the damsels would pick on everything...the pistol shrimp was really annoying since the room was my bedroom.
 
16 years ago I had a 29 gallon with a trickle filter, no skimmer and a couple pieces of live rock. I actually still have the 29 and will be using it on my new setup as a cryptic fuge. I had a snowflake eel, dwarf lionfish , and an undulated trigger in the 29. I only had that for a year until I saw a reef and got a 55 gallon setup. I had a maroon clown, sebae nem, and a small maxima clam that I tried to keep under NO fluorescent lights.
 
The question is...how many people were as dumb as me and got exited about all the little anemones (aiptasia) that were popping up on their new liverock? I was excited about how fast they were spreading and thought I must be doing something right!
 
The question is...how many people were as dumb as me and got exited about all the little anemones (aiptasia) that were popping up on their new liverock? I was excited about how fast they were spreading and thought I must be doing something right!

+1 I loved aptasia.
 
strange, I didn't have aptasia problems until the last 6 months, I got them started on a overpriced frag from a high end local fish store I noticed one or two small ones on the frag about two weeks later than my ole lady got sick and was in the hospital for about a month, came back home and they were all over the tank they have killed all but one of my chalics
 
I remember buying my first live rock about 23 years ago. It was 20 pounds. I remember walking out of the fish store, saying to myself I cant believe you just spent 90 bucks for a rock !!!!!
 
Did someone say memory lane??

IMG_6630_1.jpg


IMG_6633_1.jpg


IMG_6634_1.jpg


Oh, and let's not forget the FO with U/G filter :bigsmile:
IMG_6621_1.jpg
IMG_6629_1.jpg
 
Nice!!!!!! Love the stories guys.... You can see in the first post behind my first rock some aqua clear 70s those bad boys ran my ugf, and I ran a fluval 350 canister..... Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new