Removing algae from shark egg?

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, does anyone have Bamboo Cat Shark egg hatching experience. There's a good amount of algae on the egg. There's a little bit of viewing area on one side of the egg, but I'd prefer more space to see the shark (AND more importantly to tell if an air bubble got trapped in the egg). Also I just don't want the nuisance algae spreading. And what does an air bubble in the egg look like?? Like a small or big bubble? Or will it be pretty obvious if it's there?

I have the egg in my 32 gallon mixed reef (Don't worry he will only be in there VERY temporarily). I want to make sure he eats and monitor him closely before adding him to a client's 200 gallon tank. I absolutely love Cat Sharks so I will do all I can to ensure the shark does well so any tips will be welcomed.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd gently brush it with a soft bristle tooth brush. If you can see into the egg an air bubble will move as you gently rotate the egg.
Got it, thanks so much! I don’t think I’ve seen a bubble so far. And I’ll remove some of the algae with a brush.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back