restarting a tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter usc_lax9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

usc_lax9

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
63
Reaction score
4
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old 55 gallon aquarium sitting in my basement that i thought would act as a nice frag/quarantine tank for my already up and running 90 gallon tank. It sat half full of fresh water for over a year with no water movement and consequently developed some pretty bad algae (hard) as well as what looks like a water line. I was wondering if there are any methods for making this tank look new. I was considering pressure washing on a light level, but i'm not sure if the glass can take it.
 
IMG_3144.jpg
IMG_3145.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg
 
Soak it in vinegar, I think a cup of vinegar per gallon of water is the correct ratio.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new