Returning after a 20-Year Break

bigben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Now that our family has settled and the kids are older, I'm slowly getting back into reefkeeping. My experience was with LPS and SPS in the early 1990s through 2005. I was fortunate at that time to be in the Houston area with Eric Borneman and others. If any of you older folks are here, I was known on ReefCentral as "bigben". However, I didn't post much then because I couldn't afford a digital camera (that was the thing then) as a graduate student :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:Anyways, looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with you all!

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
daffy-duck.gif

Welcome to the Reef!

NaCl addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Now that our family has settled and the kids are older, I'm slowly getting back into reefkeeping. My experience was with LPS and SPS in the early 1990s through 2005. I was fortunate at that time to be in the Houston area with Eric Borneman and others. If any of you older folks are here, I was known on ReefCentral as "bigben". However, I didn't post much then because I couldn't afford a digital camera (that was the thing then) as a graduate student :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:Anyways, looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with you all!
Welcome back! We could use your expertise.

OP
OP
B

bigben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what kind of tank/lighting you are going with?
That is one of the first decisions to make. It seems that much has changed since the days of overdriven halides and VHOs! It appears that LED has taken over and there are MANY manufacturers. Whoever has the best spectrum, PAR, most quiet/effective fans, easiest upgrade, and most well supported warranty: they will be my choice (if they exist) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Welcome to R2R

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back