Revhtree doesn't know it all!!!

So tell us what you really think!

• R2R is exactly the way I love it.

Votes: 157 29.3%
  • R2R isn't perfect but is pretty close.

Votes: 315 58.8%
  • R2R is good but needs work.

Votes: 60 11.2%
  • R2R needs a lot of work.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • R2R is terrible! :(

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Answer with what I think, or what my wife thinks.....

Adding a calculator function and adding calculators for various things would be handy. The forum itself is what I enjoy though and can't change conversation any :)

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me phrase it like this:
With the last tanks I had, each time I joined a couple reef forums, none seemed to have answers to everything I needed so I'd try other ones.
With this tank, this is the only forum I've joined as I haven't hit a point where there isn't any responses to my questions.

virtual reality

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I don't like is the buyer/seller feedback system. Why should I have to search. Can't we just add a number of Positive transactions
the person has in Member identification? It would make things better, and save time.

Otherwise I love this place.:cool:

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A possible revamp of the selling section maybe? I don't think it is bad, but with the current panic over possible facebook banning, an opportunity to bring more activity here is there. Not 100% sure how, heck auctions via comments seem like just a terrible way to do things, but it was done. So perhaps offering an interactive auction feature? IDK, just a random thought.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the utmost respect, I addressed a few options several months ago when a similar question was asked on making R2R even better as it is nearly perfect already. ;)

My suggestions would benefit the forum and members went unacknowledged so I stopped suggesting.

Hmmmm

'Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in.'

Did you just give up?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably too much to ask but hey I'll throw it out there. Maybe a forum that conducts controlled studies similar to BRS investigates. Much of peoples opinions here (mine included) are anecdotal and the result of spurious correlations vs. proven factual causal relations. It'd be pretty cool to see this site really become a source for tested factual information.

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the app, tapatalk or the mobile version?
I have found to be tapatalk to not be user friendly. The app is better but still there are issues with finding say I have 3 messages in my inbox I cannot see from who they're from and have to go one by one to figure out who messaged me. Whereas the website tells you who posted last in convo. Also I'm not particularly fond of giving permissions to every app for my phone. Even though I've made an exception for R2R Rev.[emoji6]. I've found that uploading pics can be a lot harder than I'm used to for other things. Especially considering I have it on Google drive, Google photos, and on my phone. Until I acquiesced and gave phone permissions it was a huge pain to get pics up of anything. Just a thought I brought up to a team member is you have the how to price it forum for selling. Why not help out the little guy and bring in either a calculator for shipping or a company that can give discounts that really help on live stock and equipment (everywhere people go online it's free shipping but most people do not realize that to ship a box can be easily 25%÷ of cost, for instance a 4"X4"X49" 10lbs tube was $42.00 UPS on a $115 light strip. Ship your Aquatics got it down to $15 FL to Ohio slow boat) just saying big online presence like R2R should be able to get lower rates for livestock etc for members.
Other than those minor things though I dig your site brother! It's too bad we didn't get to meet up for that monti at RAP for ya!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know less than nothing about IT but I do know people and it would be hard to upgrade the people here (and that is ultimately the most important thing).

I would love to see the search function improved if possible. It's sometimes difficult me to find the subject /threads I'm looking for.

Youtube is gonna be really sad when the direct video upload hits!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I voted perfect (almost). My guess is it will be as close to perfect as possible when the new version becomes available:)

One suggestion in the Articles section - perhaps 'pin' the article that describes 'how to use R2R' - or on the front page - ie hints on search, etc. I never realized (until today) that there was an option to search articles only. Also in the articles section move the 'categories' to the top - on my browser - I didnt realize that the articles were grouped into categories because the categories do not show up - instead the 'repeat' of the menubar does (i.e. mark articles read, etc).

Also - sometimes when watching threads (it seems like randomly?) notifications drop off - as someone else has said.

Thanks for all your hard work

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably too much to ask but hey I'll throw it out there. Maybe a forum that conducts controlled studies similar to BRS investigates. Much of peoples opinions here (mine included) are anecdotal and the result of spurious correlations vs. proven factual causal relations. It'd be pretty cool to see this site really become a source for tested factual information.

AND/OR - a section for scientific articles categorized the same way as the 'articles' section is. (ie. under diseases and fish treatment - the section could inculde articles on CI and Velvet.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly what other world wide reef forum is as family oriented and welcoming as Reef 2 Reef? It's as good as it can get or even better ... eerrrmmm you got a "good problem" with that? :D

I'm saying it's not "100% Perfect" and in reality nothing is 100% perfect. Close to Perfection ... is what I would admit!!

Last edited:

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this place, sadly I had to take time off, but now I'm back..lol

*Video acceptance of mp4's is a must
*Still LOVE the contests
*Knock the negative Nancy's out of here that scold people for owning certain critters.... Ok.. I know that a large request, but I can dream :)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm

'Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in.'

Did you just give up?

No.

I don't give up.

When something beneficial is presented and it falls upon deaf ears I simply stop giving the person(s) the same info time and time again to that person(s) knowing they've seen it and simply pay it no attention and do not follow through with that of which they requested only to ignore same.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE R2R. I came here to say I wish there were an APP, as Tapatalk is not that great. I read a few posts before commenting and now know THERE IS AN APP!! So, now I have a suggestion... Make the fact that there is an app much more prominent so people know!! I just installed it.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the number one item we all purchase Salt! Just think about the Volume consumed by the members here R2R ...Need to get some group discounts for members..common branded items like socks, salt, carbon
NOW if you could just save me $$$ on my car insurance
r2r-bucket.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back