1   0   0
Wow! Beautiful!

Burnometer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the trigger sump? What equipment do you have in it? What is your favorite salt? Do your acans have sweepers? Didn’t know if they bother each other being that close.

OP
OP
boxofrocks

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the trigger sump? What equipment do you have in it? What is your favorite salt? Do your acans have sweepers? Didn’t know if they bother each other being that close.
It’s a nice sump. Built well with just enough room. I should have gone bigger but it works. I’m running an 800w heater with controller, coralbox d300 skimmer (way underrated for the system but I had it on my old tank so I’m using it for now), jebao doser, dc6000 return pump, asta 20 LED for fuge lighting, and a coralbox ATO. That’s it. Simple and effective setup.
Instant Ocean salt. (Not reef crystals) I’ve been using it for around 10 years and no intentions of changing.
Acans do just fine bundled together. No big dangerous sweepers.

OP
OP
boxofrocks

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any better shots of your lighting setup?
BEC8CB3A-5657-4FB5-947D-3B07E3F20450.jpeg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta ask, what camera and lens are you using to take these pics?

OP
OP
boxofrocks

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta ask, what camera and lens are you using to take these pics?
Most are shot with a Sony a33 and Sony 30mm macro lens
The rest are iPhone 7
Nothing fancy - most of photographing tanks (or anything really) is understanding how to use the gear. I sort of know how to use the gear but still have plenty I could learn. I get by.
Since pictures are the topic:
Here is the new welso I picked up today
Unedited iPhone pic
4BC16A16-74CB-4BAA-984E-DB8543032C02.jpeg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Canon T3i with a decent zoom it just isn't a macro. So I can't get those great close ups. Need to get one one of these days :)

Nice Welso ;)

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning!!! Love the tank dimensions. I have a 168g Rimless 48x36x22 and just love the footprint - the different sides to view the tank from - all different. I see that you went with a lighter wood color inside your cabinet - I painted mine black and really do not like it - I may do a color change some how. Your tank looks great - really like the Acan garden- great add. :) ;) :D

OP
OP
boxofrocks

boxofrocks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Canon T3i with a decent zoom it just isn't a macro. So I can't get those great close ups. Need to get one one of these days :)

Nice Welso ;)
Try a macro extension tube added to your zoom lens. Cheap way to have fun with macro shots

Stunning!!! Love the tank dimensions. I have a 168g Rimless 48x36x22 and just love the footprint - the different sides to view the tank from - all different. I see that you went with a lighter wood color inside your cabinet - I painted mine black and really do not like it - I may do a color change some how. Your tank looks great - really like the Acan garden- great add. :) ;) :D
Thanks! Your dimensions sound great! I wanted to go 36 front to back but happy I stuck with 31.5 or I’d have even harder time lighting it all lol
Inside of stand is exterior grade water sealed and left natural color otherwise. Kept it nice and bright inside. Not as slick looking as some setups but very functional and fits my needs. I’ve learned over the years what is more important to me and function beats form in the sump/filtration area for sure.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back