RO/DI pressure lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost pressure in my RO/DI unit. My home water pressure is reading 60psi when I turn on my RO/DI the pressure reads 5 psi and nothing is really being produced. Could there be a clog somewhere in the lines that could cause this? Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your membrane flush valve open? When flushing the membrane, there is no product water produced and the psi on the gauge will drop a lot...but the waste water line will have a strong flow!

OP
OP
Tank2379

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your membrane flush valve open? When flushing the membrane, there is no product water produced and the psi on the gauge will drop a lot...but the waste water line will have a strong flow!

No value is closed to produce water. I did empty the canisters out to make sure there wasn't any clogging. For some reason chamber 1 and 2 filled up fast once it came 2 the third chamber it is filling up very slow as if it was in the DI stage. I have a 5 stage unit the third chamber is the 0.6 carbon block. I took the housing apart but didn't see anything that would cause it to clog. It weird that this would happen. So not even sure what to do. [emoji20]

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, not sure what it would be if you don't see a blockage. Maybe BRS will respond with an idea... Maybe just give them a call.

OP
OP
Tank2379

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, not sure what it would be if you don't see a blockage. Maybe BRS will respond with an idea... Maybe just give them a call.
I figured out the issues, took out all the filters pressure went back to normal. 2nd chamber Carbon block seemed to be clogged reason for the pressure lost. I took it out until I can order new filters. But its making water now and my TDS is reading 001 PPM out of the DI

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Sorry I missed this thread, but the troubleshooting you did was absolutely what we would suggest! We will have a group buy coming to R2R next weekend (8/12) with carbon blocks on 15% OFF! :)

Please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

-Randy

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back