OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short update. Mostly good, one bad thing. Lost one of my clowns to a giant carpet anemone :eek:. Little ******* jumped out over night. The cat pointed him out to me the next day. Grrr.... Guess I'll be shopping for a top soon.

On the upside, everything else is doing well. I got a new resident in today from Pacific East Aquaculture. A Tridacna Maxima clam. He's gorgeous! Also finally got around to ordering a clean up crew from reef cleaners. That should be in early next week I'm sure.

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear all is well with the tank, minus the fish of course... Now you have me thinking about a clam.. lol
I always knew I'd get one eventually. After reading an article on here about Aquacultured clams, I decided to take a chance with them. The clam arrived on time, as expected and in great condition. Packaged very well. Time will tell how it does, but that'll be on me.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always knew I'd get one eventually. After reading an article on here about Aquacultured clams, I decided to take a chance with them. The clam arrived on time, as expected and in great condition. Packaged very well. Time will tell how it does, but that'll be on me.
Well don’t mess it up!!

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all...

little update, 2 steps forward 3 steps backwards i guess. Battling severe case of ich in my tank. Lost 3 fish so far (white tail tang, starcki damsel and a firefish). #2020 for the win! Had to wreck my aquascape catching all the fish that are now being treated in quarantine. FW dip to knock off the critters, doing prazi first, will follow up with copper next. See how things go I guess :( Tank will be running fallow for the next 76 days (common feb 18th...). That was last sunday, so far everything is making it along. I'll take this as a learning experience in QT and following my own advice.
gordon ramsey idiot GIF

On a more positive note I have some test corals in my main tank (few zoa frags). My awesome friend @jk_s124 a local reefer is giving me some more frags (euphylia, monti's etc) to start the effort. Hopefully that goes well. Happy thanksgiving to the rest of you!

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all...

little update, 2 steps forward 3 steps backwards i guess. Battling severe case of ich in my tank. Lost 3 fish so far (white tail tang, starcki damsel and a firefish). #2020 for the win! Had to wreck my aquascape catching all the fish that are now being treated in quarantine. FW dip to knock off the critters, doing prazi first, will follow up with copper next. See how things go I guess :( Tank will be running fallow for the next 76 days (common feb 18th...). That was last sunday, so far everything is making it along. I'll take this as a learning experience in QT and following my own advice.
gordon ramsey idiot GIF

On a more positive note I have some test corals in my main tank (few zoa frags). My awesome friend @jk_s124 a local reefer is giving me some more frags (euphylia, monti's etc) to start the effort. Hopefully that goes well. Happy thanksgiving to the rest of you!
How did the frags manage?

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update - survivors are still hanging on in the 20 tank I moved them to. Reached medicated copper level 2.25 + the other day. Trying to decide if I want to go 30 days in the same tank under copper, or 14 days and then a transfer. I have the additional tank for it. Any thoughts from anyone with copper experience?

Got my future TTM area pretty much set up. I'll be trying humblefish's hybrid method at the beginning of February for my first replacements. 12+ days for TTM with two weeks observation will run me to the end of my fallow period. If anyone is interested I can post a short video update showing what I'm doing there.

I also got a reef octo regal 200INT from brs on black friday. Truly was glad I patiently waited for that sale as I saved a pile of $$$. It's installed and working rather well so far. It drove my pH down a pinch but I forecasted that due to CO2 levels with the tank being in the basement. I have some airline tubing on order and will be running a line outside for fresh air and I also have an icecap scrubber on hand I can tie into it as well.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update - survivors are still hanging on in the 20 tank I moved them to. Reached medicated copper level 2.25 + the other day. Trying to decide if I want to go 30 days in the same tank under copper, or 14 days and then a transfer. I have the additional tank for it. Any thoughts from anyone with copper experience?

Got my future TTM area pretty much set up. I'll be trying humblefish's hybrid method at the beginning of February for my first replacements. 12+ days for TTM with two weeks observation will run me to the end of my fallow period. If anyone is interested I can post a short video update showing what I'm doing there.

I also got a reef octo regal 200INT from brs on black friday. Truly was glad I patiently waited for that sale as I saved a pile of $$$. It's installed and working rather well so far. It drove my pH down a pinch but I forecasted that due to CO2 levels with the tank being in the basement. I have some airline tubing on order and will be running a line outside for fresh air and I also have an icecap scrubber on hand I can tie into it as well.
Video! Video! Video!
mtv vhs GIF by Devil's Garage

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build. read through all 21 pages. Hopefully you can recover from the losses of fish and not run into that again.
Thanks so much for your interest! Still got a ways to go before it's all done, but it's still fun and I'm learning so much.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back