RODI booster?

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An RODI is the last major purchase for the tanks that Im setting up (yea I know shhh I had to tell my wife something). Water pressure where I am is low so Im going to need something to increase it. Im probably going to settle with one of the brs 150gpd 6 stage rodi's. I was looking at the boosters they have and some of them say other parts are needed. Id like to get this order in while the sales are still going on. Can someone please explain what additional equipment I need to get to increase pressure?

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150GPD BRS RODI 7 stage unit. I didn't purchase the booster pump through BRS as I had Amazon gift cards to burn. I purchased the kit below, which was incredibly easy to install. You splice the input line from the faucet, insert the tube from the faucet to the input of the pump, then take the inlet tube attached to the RODI unit and insert into the output of the pump. You then splice the output line from the end of your DI and insert into the shut off valve.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these. Super useful and makes the RODI process super easy since it also handles running the RODI for 30 seconds to flush out the membrane each time to extend consumable life:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is what I have.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these. Super useful and makes the RODI process super easy since it also handles running the RODI for 30 seconds to flush out the membrane each time to extend consumable life:

+1. I have this unit. It was a game changer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back