OP
OP
RJS2515

RJS2515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am waiting for ammonia levels to drop in my tank does anyone have any advice on keeping the birdsnest and flower pot corals I have? I couldnt find much about flower pot coral care and non of the birdsnest I see advice about online look like mine. Ill post pictures a little later. thanks

OP
OP
RJS2515

RJS2515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
RJS2515

RJS2515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the two corals I currently have. Pretty much all I could find about the flower pot is that it doesn't like too much light? But others say it does and mine seems to open up more under intense lighting so I'm confused. As for the birds nest I couldn't find any info on ones that look like mine. Mostly just the ones with the bristles and mostly pink ones

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the two corals I currently have. Pretty much all I could find about the flower pot is that it doesn't like too much light? But others say it does and mine seems to open up more under intense lighting so I'm confused. As for the birds nest I couldn't find any info on ones that look like mine. Mostly just the ones with the bristles and mostly pink ones
Your flowerpot is an alveopora. Like a goniopora but easier to care for. They love to eat so light lvls arent that important. As far as the birdsnest it looks grunpy. Does it have any polyp extension at all?

OP
OP
RJS2515

RJS2515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your flowerpot is an alveopora. Like a goniopora but easier to care for. They love to eat so light lvls arent that important. As far as the birdsnest it looks grunpy. Does it have any polyp extension at all?
It doesn't seem to, it looks completely smooth to me. Is that a bad sign ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back