Rookie seeking help

While I am waiting for ammonia levels to drop in my tank does anyone have any advice on keeping the birdsnest and flower pot corals I have? I couldnt find much about flower pot coral care and non of the birdsnest I see advice about online look like mine. Ill post pictures a little later. thanks
 
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
These are the two corals I currently have. Pretty much all I could find about the flower pot is that it doesn't like too much light? But others say it does and mine seems to open up more under intense lighting so I'm confused. As for the birds nest I couldn't find any info on ones that look like mine. Mostly just the ones with the bristles and mostly pink ones
 
These are the two corals I currently have. Pretty much all I could find about the flower pot is that it doesn't like too much light? But others say it does and mine seems to open up more under intense lighting so I'm confused. As for the birds nest I couldn't find any info on ones that look like mine. Mostly just the ones with the bristles and mostly pink ones
Your flowerpot is an alveopora. Like a goniopora but easier to care for. They love to eat so light lvls arent that important. As far as the birdsnest it looks grunpy. Does it have any polyp extension at all?
 
Your flowerpot is an alveopora. Like a goniopora but easier to care for. They love to eat so light lvls arent that important. As far as the birdsnest it looks grunpy. Does it have any polyp extension at all?
It doesn't seem to, it looks completely smooth to me. Is that a bad sign ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new