Room for another large fish?

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am debating on if my tank is full or not right now because I am thinking of possibly adding one more large fish. Tank is a 350 gallon 8ft x 3ftx 2ft . Current stock is a koran angel, queen angel, gold stripe maroon clown, 2 lyretail anthias ,blue throat trigger, 3 blue chromis, spiny box puffer , purple tang, lieutenant tang. Was thinking of either adding a sohal tang, or aussie harlequin tusk. Any thoughts ? Thanks .

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to edit it. I forgot my blue throat trigger

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would have room for another large fish, as long as it isn't an angel, and that's because of the queen. Another tang would be fine, but I never recommend sohal. The tusk would be fine.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would have room for another large fish, as long as it isn't an angel, and that's because of the queen. Another tang would be fine, but I never recommend sohal. The tusk would be fine.
Any particular reason for that ?

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tusks are some of my favorites, so I'm biased there! Gorgeous coloring blue teeth! Although they can decimate crab, shrimp and snail populations if left to their own devices

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the sohal? They are supposedly the most aggressive Acanthurus. They are infamous for going postal.
Gotcha. My lieutenant can be aggressive at times so was looking for something that can handle itself. the lt is about 7 inches and 1.5 inches wide so he is a big boy haha

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of space. My tank is of similar dimension, just 30” tall, and I’ve 125 fish .... many of them larger. Tend to agree on avoiding the sohal .... though I did just add a clown which isn’t a lot better.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a few Indo tusks locally but no luck with an Aussie . Also toying the with idea of a second puffer fish. Just a bit worried about that since it took me long enough to find a spiny box puffer let alone how long it took to get him to eat pellets. Not sure it is worth the risk...

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 8x3x30”.

I have several tangs including a Sohal, purple, naso, hippo, yellow, sail fin. The sohal is an absolutely beautiful species. So far everyone is getting along well. My purple is the only real trouble maker

I have three large angels, queen, French & Emperor, no issues.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back