Rtn / Stn info wanted

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone either explain these to me or just link a thread that explains these and whatever differences there are. Also can corals recover from it? Or must they be fragged to survive.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rapid tissue necrosis. Acclimation stress , significant swings in chem, sudden loss of tissue to tips and body of the coral. Typically not reversible.
Slow tissue necrosis. Tissue loss to base of coral and branches. Chem instability long term, coral disease, coral pest. Typically reversible with correct interventions.

IME. :)

OP
OP
Johniejumbo

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I appreciate the input. I had some Dino’s break out and had some tissue come off the bottom part of a coral. It’s just a poci didn’t cost me but 7 bucks. Still I’ve never experienced it before.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STN- usually from the base up, slow. happens progressively over the course of several days to affect/kill a large colony, usually but not always caused by environmental stresses

RTN- Rapid, a good size colony wil lose mass amounts of tissue in hours, tissue will usually "spider web" off the skeleton, -very little known reasons why, vibro infections are a primary suspect, but not much has been proven to be the cause.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back