OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some salt today. Gotta love getting 4 boxes for the price of one!
0330131622.jpg

Also received the seaklear phosphate remover to soak rock in the other day. It has been in the water for 2 days.

Process: add rocks to rodi. Add 2 capfuls with powerhead. Let sit for 24hrs. Add 2 more capfuls and let sit 24hrs again.

0328132340a.jpg

0328132340.jpg

Sent from my LGL75C using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So why are you soaking the rocks ??? I know its to remove phos. But do you know that there's some trapped in there ? And how do you get it out ? Will it stay suspended in the water ?

Never seen that used b4. Nice buy on the salt. Im next!lol

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently this chemical is called lathmium chloride (sp) and it helps to precipitate the phosphates better leaching out of the rocks. The thread where I found he had used this said that when you soak the rocks the phosphate leeches out of them and this stuff helps take it out not sure but after testing and soaking the phosphate should read 0.

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a gfci in wall today. I will run this to basement and wire 3 more outlets for sump.

0328132340b.jpg

0329130016.jpg

Kinda tore the drywall a bit by the outlet. But not too bad for 1st time. They will be on there own breaker too!

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supported the floor today. Used 2 4 ft piece of H beam and 4 jacks and 2 4x4 beams.

0404131625.jpg

0404131625a.jpg

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Looks good. Pretty much what I would love to do. Need to figure out the flooring thing first. The 100g I have kinda worries me already. Would also like to find a spot to be able to have a fish room with it.

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a lot done today. I wired the gfci to the basement and added a outlet down there for my mixing station. I added 3 more outlets on a different string and then while I was at that added 5 outlets to the rest of my basement. And then cam the scary part, installing the new breakers. Well after reading online I flipped the main and it took me 10min to install the 3 breakers. It was very easy. Snapped right in androuted the wires.

I also hard installed my rodi to my pex tubing. Added a auto shut off and tds meter. And then I hung the whole thing on the wall.

We painted the wall in the "fish room" teal and I started plumbing the sumps together.

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Covered the painted wall with a plastic drop cloth. Then decided to make a room out of it. Not sure if anyone has ever seen dexter on showtime but I sure felt like I was in his shoes. This is my kill room er I mean fish room!

0407131558.jpg

This is the painted wall.

0407131558a.jpg

This is part of the sump the return section. And an empty stand where my 75g fuge will go.

0407131559-1.jpg

And this will be where my 4 mixing barrels will go.

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed the vortechs on the tank tonight and organized them under the cabinet.

0408130209.jpg

zoa_addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holes drilled in the floor for the plumbing and we are finally starting to fill up the tank with RROD I water. Kind of driving us nuts as the sound of running water makes us think something is leaking.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Attachments

• 1365545240476.jpg
    1365545240476.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 488

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I hear yea. I dont like the sound either. So I fill up water tubs in the basment. And then i mix the salt and lug them up stairs..... Im thinking of Plumbing a LRG pump to them and Running a switch upstairs to power the pump. Flip the switch on fill up my buckets or Tank and flip the switch off when done......

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbed to the basement. Tank is full of Rodi and now mixing saltwater. Rodi is now flowing to sump.

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been mixing the salt in the tank while the sumps filled up. Almost full. Had to stop for a day to do some silicone patching

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there
0418132128.jpg

Been up and running for maybe 45min. The tank is dead silent but I am getting a lot of bubbles in sump. Anyone running the bean animal please chime in on how to tune this. It seems like I have more water flowing through open channel than the syphon but if I open the syphon it pulls out tooo much and then hickups. Any ideas!

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas. It works great and is silet upstairs but bubbles in sump which I don't like due to salt creep.

I thought of a solution possible but it would be a large under taking. I could switch my emergency and open ch so the open ch would be on the same corner over flow as the syphon. Hopefully making adjusting easier. Any ideas before I dive in and rip it all up to do that?

OP
OP
R

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I switched around the 2 standpipes. Moved the open to the same side as the syphon and now it works perfectly. No bubbles at all. Now my question is if I need to adjust it to run some water down the open. Because currently the syphon handles all the water and nothing goes down the open. Not sure if I should close off the syphon enough to let some down the open! Dead silent though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back