Ryan got ATI!

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Johnnys reef I now have the 36" 6bulb fixture by ATI. Paid Saturday and they had it shipped off Monday. If anyone is in need of lighting I recommend getting ahold of Benny_z, he will help fill your needs :)
Thank you so much Ben!
I went.....
4blue+
2Fiji Purple

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151-1.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Is the room a little too blue? No editing done here!
DSC_0155.jpg

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those light fixtures are really nice, make sure the fans are working properly so you won't have any problems with your ballasts.

OP
OP
nayrgaijin

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those light fixtures are really nice, make sure the fans are working properly so you won't have any problems with your ballasts.

Funny you mention that, when I first turned it on with the fans one was super loud and one wasn't working. Some screws on the plates were too tight, easy fix, but I was SUPER worried at first haha!

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This are some recommendations for a proper performance;

1. Air blows into the fixture from the top, so for adequate air flow it’s important to have at least a few inches of space between the top of the fixture and the ceiling, canopy, etc. Adequate space is also needed on the side of the fixture opposite the lamp-cord to allow the hot air to exit the fixture.

2. Make sure the holes cut into the fixture housing below the lamp cord side of the fixture are not blocked by the reflectors and that the metal endplate with the cut-outs is on the side opposite the lamp-cord. This is important because air blows into the fixture from the top, along the internal channel where the ballasts and wire are housed, through the holes cut in the fixture housing, along the bulb channel and then out the side of the fixture opposite the lamp-cord.

3. For installations inside a canopy or other enclosure it’s important to cool the entire canopy or enclosure in addition to using the Active Cooling System on the fixture.

4. Clean the fans. Dust, debris and salt creep are typically part of any installation and the fans will get probably dirty. On a regular basis, please remove each fan and clean it.

cay85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! how deep is the tank you are putting this light on? and how high above the water line? my tank is 24" deep. my 250w halides are too much for my acans. i put them in the shade and they just don't keep good color.they are on the bottom and light is 12" above water,also have 4 t5s but i think they are too far away to help with color. mixed tank, btw. the ati light is how i would go if i could have just a lps and zoa tank. thanks for the pics this is very helpfull.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, sir. Glad you are happy, happy, happy! :D

Can't wait to see it hung over your 40br.

Cheers!
- Ben

ps - don't think your treadmill is doing anyone any good in the vertical position!!! :p

reefer10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know Johhn'ys Reef was selling those fixtures. I live in the same town as the store also. Maybe a special order? Ben and John are both great to deal with.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Yessir - we carry about every reefing product you can imagine. We don't stock everything all the time, but we can certainly get these products into your hands anytime you wish.

Cheers!
- Ben

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI's products are just amazingly elegant. nice simple and clean. cant' wait to see them up and running over the tank.

OP
OP
nayrgaijin

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! how deep is the tank you are putting this light on? and how high above the water line? my tank is 24" deep. my 250w halides are too much for my acans. i put them in the shade and they just don't keep good color.they are on the bottom and light is 12" above water,also have 4 t5s but i think they are too far away to help with color. mixed tank, btw. the ati light is how i would go if i could have just a lps and zoa tank. thanks for the pics this is very helpfull.

I plan on putting it over my 40b, unsure on how high at the moment, but high enough to where I don't have to mess with it to put my hands in or look from the top, this light should do wonders for SPS as well :D
Good luck with your acans!

This are some recommendations for a proper performance;

1. Air blows into the fixture from the top, so for adequate air flow it’s important to have at least a few inches of space between the top of the fixture and the ceiling, canopy, etc. Adequate space is also needed on the side of the fixture opposite the lamp-cord to allow the hot air to exit the fixture.

2. Make sure the holes cut into the fixture housing below the lamp cord side of the fixture are not blocked by the reflectors and that the metal endplate with the cut-outs is on the side opposite the lamp-cord. This is important because air blows into the fixture from the top, along the internal channel where the ballasts and wire are housed, through the holes cut in the fixture housing, along the bulb channel and then out the side of the fixture opposite the lamp-cord.

3. For installations inside a canopy or other enclosure it’s important to cool the entire canopy or enclosure in addition to using the Active Cooling System on the fixture.

4. Clean the fans. Dust, debris and salt creep are typically part of any installation and the fans will get probably dirty. On a regular basis, please remove each fan and clean it.

Checked, all looks good! Knowing it's such a nice fixture you would think everything was ok when you purchased it, guess every company has flaws haha. Thanks for the tips :)

Very nice, sir. Glad you are happy, happy, happy! :D

Can't wait to see it hung over your 40br.

Cheers!
- Ben

ps - don't think your treadmill is doing anyone any good in the vertical position!!! :p

Very soon my friend ;)

Very nice Ryan.

Thank you Mike!

very nice .congrats

Thank you :)
That does look really nice!!

Heck yes it does! Thank you :)

ATI's products are just amazingly elegant. nice simple and clean. cant' wait to see them up and running over the tank.

+1, reason why I got it, trying to make my tank NICE looking. Hopefully it all fits well together when finished :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back