Salt Preference

ScottyMcReefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
729
Reaction score
31
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my first shot at making my own saltwater was a success. Rather easy to say the least. I now want to know some of the best salts to use. I currently use Oceanic(LFS used it so i didnt want to switch and shock tank). Is this good? or should i use a different brand? I heard lots of good feed back about "reef crystals". May i add that i have only softies in my tank. If that makes a difference?

Shoot me some opinions, and tips on switching salts. (like if i should add little at a time)

Thanks!

Scotty"McReefer"
 
I have used Oceanic in the past ad always had good results. I then went to Seachem Reef Salt and likes that more than Oceanic. Now we have been using Tunze Salt for the past couple of months and the SPS seems to really like it and it mixes easily. I think we will be sticking with Tunze for a good while.
Gary
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new