Saltwater Swimming Pool...With Fish???

Albert Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a cool idea to dream about, but yeah. I don't see it as realistic.
If you put this indoors, you'd probably destroy your house from the humidity of the evaporation... not just from mold, but the integrity and warping of ceiling/floor joists
I realize this may be a stupid question and have done absolutely no research on it...but I'm going to ask it anyway. ;Happy

I am planning on putting in a swimming pool next year and was looking into the benefits of saltwater pools with sand on the bottom. I never really thought about it, but just saw an old video of Tank'd where they built a diving pool in someones house. It was more like a river that went through several rooms and was really cool. I know that is a TV show and some of what they do is questionable and probably just for TV, but what if???

Has anyone ever looked into or does anyone current have a swimming pool that they keep fish in? If so, what are the challenges and what type of fish would be OK to keep. Also, what type of budget am I looking at? I already planned on between $35 - $45K, but could probably throw in another $20 - $25K if needed. Anything more than that I would probably just save for the Bucket List once I decide it's time for that.

To be clear, I am talking about a swimming pool with fish, not a diving tank. Any info is much appreciated! ;Happy
Wiakiki aquarium has had outdoor aquariums pools,etc.,for many years.One has to think about heating cooling and evaporation.Look at Waikiki for some ideas.Also used solar panels are cheap they could keep costs down.

U

User1

View Badges
Discovery Cove in Orlando is essentially a large scale version of this. Not sure if they could point you in the right direction, but an email is worth a shot.

It is also the case at their Aulani Resort in Hawaii. Nice place but a bit on the expensive side. They have a pool or pond or whatever you want to call it whereas you can snorkel / swim with the fish.

I had my dive gear with me so did the real thing :D

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohio fish rescue did this with an indoor swimming pool. Freshwater, but still the same thing. Also seaworld san antonio has a salt pool that people get in to feed rays. There hundreds of huge tangs in it. Like 200 10-14 invh Achilles ect. Its open to the weather too

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back