Sand bed question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crusader
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Crusader

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2010
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Kingston, MA.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be changing some of my rock work this weekend. My current rock has been against the glass for a couple of years. Should I clean or replace the sand bed. It's 3 inches deep and is 5 years old. I have not been able to clean behind the rock so I know it will be bad.
 
I would say with that age definitely replace it. I'd suggest finding a way to vacuum up as much of the sand as possible before you disturb it by moving the rock, make sure you have some fresh saltwater on hand too!
 
I have 50% fresh salt water ready to change. I figured I stir up a lot when changing the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new