Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Neptune1707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! How's your power blue tang....on the fence to get one. Had one in the past that got a bad case of ick, but my tank wasn't within parameters, so prob my fault. Got a new Red Sea tank 120g been running since Jan and transferred fish from old 90g tank.....tank well seasoned. If I get a powder blue I want to QT for an extended period to make sure he/she is ick free. Had a rookie mistake on RedSea and introduce some coral....coral that came from infected ick tank...had to move fish to QT and let DT sit for 77 days. Live stock back...doing great, water parameters spot on. Just nervous about adding a "ick magnet" type of fish? any thoughts?

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! How's your power blue tang....on the fence to get one. Had one in the past that got a bad case of ick, but my tank wasn't within parameters, so prob my fault. Got a new Red Sea tank 120g been running since Jan and transferred fish from old 90g tank.....tank well seasoned. If I get a powder blue I want to QT for an extended period to make sure he/she is ick free. Had a rookie mistake on RedSea and introduce some coral....coral that came from infected ick tank...had to move fish to QT and let DT sit for 77 days. Live stock back...doing great, water parameters spot on. Just nervous about adding a "ick magnet" type of fish? any thoughts?

Thanks! The PBT is a great fish and very active. I've heard horror stories about their demeanor, but with the triggers and angels for tankmates, he doesn't stand a chance at bullying.

I've had him for six or seven years, but when I first bought him, he got a bad case of ich and so did all of his tankmates. Treated with copper in QT and didn't lose a single fish. I don't mess around anymore and always do TTM when I get new fish, but that very infrequently. A 120 would be tight for a PBT, but probably doable. Just make sure you QT and that his tankmates can stand up to him.

Neptune1707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The PBT is a great fish and very active. I've heard horror stories about their demeanor, but with the triggers and angels for tankmates, he doesn't stand a chance at bullying.

I've had him for six or seven years, but when I first bought him, he got a bad case of ich and so did all of his tankmates. Treated with copper in QT and didn't lose a single fish. I don't mess around anymore and always do TTM when I get new fish, but that very infrequently. A 120 would be tight for a PBT, but probably doable. Just make sure you QT and that his tankmates can stand up to him.
Thanks for info! Yeah right now I have a 10 year old blue hippo tang, yellow tang and naso tang....wanted one more show stopper tang...feel like PBT would be it. Def QT him longer than others to be sure. I buy most of my fish from Liveaquaria.com. Not having much luck lately with LFS...with supply and quality.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man great job!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couple more:

BC Ponape Rainbow
P1500295.jpg

BC Gary's Yellow Slimer
P1500390.jpg

CRT Red Unknown
P1500445.jpg

UC Bali Shortcake
P1500450.jpg

BC Hyperberry
P1500556.jpg

PC Rainbow
P1500569.jpg

JF Bonsai
P1500670.jpg

Wet Thumbs Double Doozy
P1500681.jpg

Icefire Echinata
P1500705.jpg
Love, love, LOVE those pics!! Following!

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot some pics tonight.

WWC Ding Dang. This has been a slow one to take off, but it making some progress now.
P1510029.jpg

Ding Dang from the top
P1500963.jpg

BC Soda Pop Granny. I've had this for about two years and it's barely grown. I've had it in less than ideal locations, but its in a good location now and it's looking promising
P1510069.jpg

Reef Raft Cactus. The grew well when I first got it, then went dormant for a while, but it's looking good again
P1500954.jpg

Copps Efflo. This has been a consistent grower for me
P1500982.jpg

BC SunnyX Sunset. Another slow grower for me, but all millis grow slowly in my tank
P1510015.jpg

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you just run Kalk? Or do you have a calcium reactor as well? This tank is awesome!

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I just use kalk. I'm always surprised when people say that they can't maintain alk/calcium with kalk.

Do you dose any trace? I've never used Kalk before but it must work well lol. What does it keep your Alk and Ca at?

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you dose any trace? I've never used Kalk before but it must work well lol. What does it keep your Alk and Ca at?

No, no trace, but I probably should consider it.

Kalk doesn't necessarily keep your alk/cal at a certain level. Like anything else, it depends on how much you put in, and that is dependent on how strong you mix your solution, and how much evaporation your tank has (if you do it through ATO like me). The good thing about kalk is that it adds alk and calcium is the right proportions.

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no trace, but I probably should consider it.

Kalk doesn't necessarily keep your alk/cal at a certain level. Like anything else, it depends on how much you put in, and that is dependent on how strong you mix your solution, and how much evaporation your tank has (if you do it through ATO like me). The good thing about kalk is that it adds alk and calcium is the right proportions.

Ahh makes sense. Thanks for the info!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back