Sayin Hi

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would drop a few lines and introduce myself. I live about 25 mins south of Nashville and I am secretary of the Middle Tennessee Reef Club. I have been in the hobby for about 5 years and really enjoy it. I have had about 5 different tanks during that time with up to three at once. It didnt take me long to figure out I didnt like trying to keep three tanks in line at once. If they had all been one water volume it would have been different. I currently have a OCEA Custom built Tank. The tank is all starfire and measures 42"wide 32" front to back and 24" tall with a single center overflow (140 gallons). The stand is the same and is 40" tall and has two doors in the front and a door on each end that opens. The sump is a custom 60 gallon that a friend and I designed. I run a deep sand bed and phosban reactor with a Octopus 200 skimmer. Lighting is 3x250MH and 2x24"T5's I will be adding 3 if not 4 36" T5 when I get some more cash. The moonlight I have actually goes to a 350 gallon spa and changes 13 different colors which is very cool. My passion is SPS and probably have around 35 different pieces as of right now. (Tank will be full when they grow out trust me.lol) Dosing two part now but will have a calcium reactor up and running shortly. Flow is two Tunze 6055's with 7095 controller. I think thats it for now if I can ever help anyone dont hesitate in getting in touch. Hope everyones tank is doing great !!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. We love to see tank pics.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

Welcome aboard, I think Your tank will be among the nicest around when It matures a bit. And Pictures would be nice:wink: Even though I know what It looks like others don't.

Bill

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually took numerous new ones the other day. I will get them posted as soon as I can. I hope its easier to do here than RC :(. How do you post them here ?? Thanks for the welcome and hope to make several new friends here and help others when they need it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back