SB Reef Light PAR Readings

WhiskeyCoffee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
534
Reaction score
406
Location
Silverdale, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year ago I upgraded my ViparSpectra black box LEDs to the custom SB Reef Light boards. Since then I have seen slow but consistent growth in most of my corals. Anyway a friend of mine loaned me his BioTek Marine BTM3000 PAR sensor and decided I'd share my results. This is my initial run on my 75g with a center brace. The lights are on 2% white and 50% blues. I have removed some lens caps and I will include a picture of the lights so you can see which lens caps I've removed. The lights are about 10" above the water.

vIsupFy.jpg


e4LFxHf.png
 
Almost a year ago I upgraded my ViparSpectra black box LEDs to the custom SB Reef Light boards. Since then I have seen slow but consistent growth in most of my corals. Anyway a friend of mine loaned me his BioTek Marine BTM3000 PAR sensor and decided I'd share my results. This is my initial run on my 75g with a center brace. The lights are on 2% white and 50% blues. I have removed some lens caps and I will include a picture of the lights so you can see which lens caps I've removed. The lights are about 10" above the water.

vIsupFy.jpg


e4LFxHf.png
Did you have any issue with fitting the SB panel into the viparspectra case I was thinking about doing the same thing any insight you can share is greatly appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new