SB Reef Light PAR Readings

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year ago I upgraded my ViparSpectra black box LEDs to the custom SB Reef Light boards. Since then I have seen slow but consistent growth in most of my corals. Anyway a friend of mine loaned me his BioTek Marine BTM3000 PAR sensor and decided I'd share my results. This is my initial run on my 75g with a center brace. The lights are on 2% white and 50% blues. I have removed some lens caps and I will include a picture of the lights so you can see which lens caps I've removed. The lights are about 10" above the water.

vIsupFy.jpg

e4LFxHf.png

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year ago I upgraded my ViparSpectra black box LEDs to the custom SB Reef Light boards. Since then I have seen slow but consistent growth in most of my corals. Anyway a friend of mine loaned me his BioTek Marine BTM3000 PAR sensor and decided I'd share my results. This is my initial run on my 75g with a center brace. The lights are on 2% white and 50% blues. I have removed some lens caps and I will include a picture of the lights so you can see which lens caps I've removed. The lights are about 10" above the water.

vIsupFy.jpg

e4LFxHf.png
Did you have any issue with fitting the SB panel into the viparspectra case I was thinking about doing the same thing any insight you can share is greatly appreciated.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back