• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammer "1charlie"

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

cartertam03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I hope you guys can help me how to do. I posted thread wanted to buy Deltec 400i skimmer a few weeks ago. One new member "1 charlie" pm me his friend got one and asked me to contact "[email protected]". I reached Matt to discuss about the skimmer.He is very fast to reply me whenever i send email to him.
After discussed the price, he preferred Zelle or Paypal "[email protected]" Friend and Family F&F methods of payment.
I trusted and paid him by Paypal. You guys know what's going on the next. o_O
螢幕截圖 2022-05-23 上午8.41.31.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were scammed and there is very little you can do since you voluntarily chose to pay with friends and family. You can try contacting PayPal but I think you probably just learned an expensive lesson.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some stickied threads at the top of the selling forum that contain very important info and warnings against this very thing happening.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go ahead and report the post or message from "1charlie" so the admins can review what happened and lock the account if needed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,
I hope you guys can help me how to do. I posted thread wanted to buy Deltec 400i skimmer a few weeks ago. One new member "1 charlie" pm me his friend got one and asked me to contact "[email protected]". I reached Matt to discuss about the skimmer.He is very fast to reply me whenever i send email to him.
After discussed the price, he preferred Zelle or Paypal "[email protected]" Friend and Family F&F methods of payment.
I trusted and paid him by Paypal. You guys know what's going on the next. o_O
螢幕截圖 2022-05-23 上午8.41.31.png
This ATTEMPT happened to me 3 times with a Trident unit and I did NOT fall for it . ONLY purchase paypal goods and Services. With friends option, you have no protection and am truly sorry you got scammed as you likely did.
I will reach out for you to our staff but not much they can likely do.

@revhtree
@ revhtree
@Daniel@R2R

OP
OP
cartertam03

cartertam03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. I reported my bank to trace and stop the transaction. I learnt a good lesson. SAY NO “pay with friends and family.”

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back