View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d072c96052f9a8613ea3a2e9d9f50fe8.jpg

930fc94b732743be87da5a5c52ab49ed.jpg

4a29be89d291d59f1cb9e9a4d4e581f5.jpg

580cd48de362042896674a33b65bd624.jpg

I haven’t been posting many pics lately cuz I got a new iPhone XS and the camera isn’t as good. It’s like it tries to over compensate for the bright blue lights, and the orange filter doesn’t work and if I don’t use the orange filter pics look just as bad. Kinda bummed. The older iPhone camera took great pics with the orange filter.
Incredible!!! Wow!

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome growth! Any idea how many dkH/day those corals are pulling? With that density of stony corals I'd imagine it's 2dkh or even higher

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a page in here with your full fish stocking list? I'd be curious to know.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I never tire of seeing big colonies! Thanks for the photo's!

Thanks buddy

Awesome growth! Any idea how many dkH/day those corals are pulling? With that density of stony corals I'd imagine it's 2dkh or even higher

No idea. I have a Geo 818 and the media last me about 6 months. So I would say I use A LOT. Lol

e53ce09815e81fe41faec190a973a979.jpg

I’m always curious what you do about touching corals. Do you just let them fight or do you cut them?

I Just let them do their thing. Sometimes they fight, sometimes they just grow right up to each other and stop.

Do you have a page in here with your full fish stocking list? I'd be curious to know.

No list of fish. Sorry. Maybe I’ll make one some day. I’m not that into fish. I don’t have any crazy rare or hard to keep fish. I enjoy easy fish. Fat fangs, cheap wrasses, stuff like that.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the big purple colony on the left side of pic number 1 above a samoensis? What a beautiful coral and really tough to get growing a lot of the time. I love that species of acropora and that colony, well all of them, are so nice and big I just have to check out this thread every time you post! I would love to see tanks like this in my area but not many people let things grow like this anymore. Would love to see some top downs :)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is literally the most spectacular tank I've ever seen. Well done! How old are some of your largest colonies?

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the big purple colony on the left side of pic number 1 above a samoensis? What a beautiful coral and really tough to get growing a lot of the time. I love that species of acropora and that colony, well all of them, are so nice and big I just have to check out this thread every time you post! I would love to see tanks like this in my area but not many people let things grow like this anymore. Would love to see some top downs :)
I didn't notice that at first, but it does look like A. samoensis from the growth form and tips. My avatar is a blue samoensis I've had for 5 or so years now. It definitely wants to table out when allowed to grow without fragging. One of the hardiest acros I've ever kept, but will go dormant for long periods then go into growth spurts suddenly for me.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To be honest I have no clue. Here’s a close up pic of it.
52491c8ba6ce31eb0043ba809d9985ea.jpg

I’ve had it about 7 years. I can’t know for sure, but I believe this was the acro that taught me about AEFW. It was one of the first acros I ever bought, and back then I didnt know much about SPS. After I broke down my last tank I kept a few acros in a frag tank and did regular Bayer dips. I decided to keep this one to remind me never to put a frag in my tank again with out thorough inspecting and doing a bayer dip.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Thanks buddy

No idea. I have a Geo 818 and the media last me about 6 months. So I would say I use A LOT. Lol

e53ce09815e81fe41faec190a973a979.jpg

I Just let them do their thing. Sometimes they fight, sometimes they just grow right up to each other and stop.

No list of fish. Sorry. Maybe I’ll make one some day. I’m not that into fish. I don’t have any crazy rare or hard to keep fish. I enjoy easy fish. Fat fangs, cheap wrasses, stuff like that.

What are you using to feed your CalRX? Manifold?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I have no clue. Here’s a close up pic of it.
52491c8ba6ce31eb0043ba809d9985ea.jpg

I’ve had it about 7 years. I can’t know for sure, but I believe this was the acro that taught me about AEFW. It was one of the first acros I ever bought, and back then I didnt know much about SPS. After I broke down my last tank I kept a few acros in a frag tank and did regular Bayer dips. I decided to keep this one to remind me never to put a frag in my tank again with out thorough inspecting and doing a bayer dip.

Awesome colony! Looks like it, or some digitate similar to it. Either way really beautiful colony, makes me happy to see such big pieces growing and not being cut all the time which just disturbs growth patterns eventually. Thanks for the pic!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back