School Ecosystem Long Island Sound

Hello all, thank you again for the considerate welcomes! I have added the tank to my profile picture, I am still figuring out how to best update the community with pictures/videos.

At the moment we have 3 adultish marine hermit crabs, 1 juvenile (in a shell smaller than your pinky finger nail) and two porgies.

I will spare you our 15 hour recording from last night but more media is coming!
 
Hello, I have an established ecosystem in a half circle 35 gallon salt water tank. I have a 4 level canister filter.

I HAD 5 hermit crabs , 4 decent size and one smaller than your fingernail (all with shells)

I entered my 5th grade classroom today to find remains of a molt but no crab.

What are the chances it's tankmates devoured it ?

Crab was active and normal on Friday, only remains remain by Monday
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 
My marine crabs have been much less active in the last week, I did a 10 % water change recently. Could this be a sign of bad water, pending molt or something else? Any advice is good advice!
 
welcome38.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new