Scott's Reef

ScottyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings All,

I decided a while back I would get back into the hobby after being out for several years. I started my first system back in 2004 with a 75 gallon, then went 150 and added a smaller 30. Being on active duty at the time made it difficult to maintain. Killed me sell off my gear and livestock. Fast forward to now and I'm back in.

I've recently set-up a Fluval Flex 32.5 AIO and I'm day 13 of cycling.

I have 30lbs of Carib-sea Life Rock (both shapes and base)
Approx an inch and a half of Carib-Sea Fiji Pink sand
2 Tunze Turbelle Nanostreams moving the water

This is what it looks like to date. Feel free to comment and provide advice.
Scott's Reef.jpg

OP
OP
ScottyG

ScottyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great tank. I have been thinking about getting one of those. Looks good!
I'm glad I bought it, it's not bad. I made a few mods to the lid (don't like the lid) for power cords. If my lights weren't in the hood it would be gone. If I change my lights out later it's for sure gone. Retains a bit more heat than I would like but I have a fix coming for that.

OP
OP
ScottyG

ScottyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2 clowns last week, after QT, this is Frick and Frack. They are awesome to watch. I fought a bacterial bloom soon after I added them but got everything cleared up with an Aqua Shield UV Sterilizer. Tank is crystal clear.
Clowns.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back