Seachem Reef Advantage Magnesium with Tropic Marin Carbocalcium?

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a relative newbie to dosing and I'm trying to educate myself as much as I can but with limited time to read up on it, I can't make an informed decision on my own right now. I've been dosing with baked baking soda and calcium chloride but I'd like to try Tropic Marin's Carbocalcium because it doesn't instantly raise pH and can be dosed once or twice a day. I wanted to pair that with their Biomagnesium but no one near me has it in stock. So I'm wondering if I can safely combine Seachem's Reef Advantage Magnesium with the TM Carbocalcium.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add my current tank is 27 gallons though I'm hoping to upgrade to a 50g within a month or two. I'm doing small water changes every week or so. Eventually I'd like to do no water changes on the big tank and I'll be dosing minor and trace elements but for now I assume the water changes are taking care of those.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes, I intended to dose separately and leave a couple of hours between them if dosing on the same day.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to dose Carbocalcium (Calcium Formate), why not just go with All-for-reef which is a single dose supplement based on Carbocalcium, Bio-magnesium, and trace ions.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it's double the price where I live and I'm still doing water changes which will replenish my trace elements anyways.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah depending on how much magnesium your system is using you may have to dose magnesium separate either way. All for reef is maintaing alk and cal pretty well but not doing much for my magnesium usage.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back