Sebae in High Flow

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a small sebae anemone. I put it in my 180g display tank that has two Tunze 6105 powerheads, a decent amount of flow.

I created an area for it with three pieces of live rock in a square pattern with sand in the middle.

Not sure if it moved or got blown by the flow, but now its in the corner of the tank and it doesnt look like its foot is anchored to anything.

Should I move it back to the safe area? or turn down the Tunzes? or just let it be?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off all the flows and try to place it back where you wanted it to be and see if it want to anchor at that place, a healthy Sebae would grab hold at the spot within 1 hour BUT will move around if it doesn't like the flow condition or light. Does your Sebae look healthy and not bleached? Sebae usually got bleached heavy due to shipping stresses.

OP
OP
BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off all the flows and try to place it back where you wanted it to be and see if it want to anchor at that place, a healthy Sebae would grab hold at the spot within 1 hour BUT will move around if it doesn't like the flow condition or light. Does your Sebae look healthy and not bleached? Sebae usually got bleached heavy due to shipping stresses.
It has some white and yellow, so it might color up more. It's wide open, but just not anchored. I'll try to turn flow down or off and put it back for some time today.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has some white and yellow, so it might color up more. It's wide open, but just not anchored. I'll try to turn flow down or off and put it back for some time today.
Yellow color quite not right for a sebae, sound like it's got dyed, a picture might help a lot.

OP
OP
BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned off flow and put back in lagoon
Zj79cF

21zyn6Y

OP
OP
BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I turned the flow off at 8 am and put it back in rock lagoon. At noon it was still in same position and I turned on the far tunze. 2 hours later it was still there, looking the same as earlier so I turned on the other tunze. It stayed the same all day. When the lights went out, I took the picture attached

Does this look like it's attached to sand or anything? Do I need to dig a hole and bury the foot?

How does it look?

2017-11-18_08-44-55.jpg

OP
OP
BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I turned the flow off at 8 am and put it back in rock lagoon. At noon it was still in same position and I turned on the far tunze. 2 hours later it was still there, looking the same as earlier so I turned on the other tunze. It stayed the same all day. When the lights went out, I took the picture attached

Does this look like it's attached to sand or anything? Do I need to dig a hole and bury the foot?

How does it look?

2017-11-18_08-44-55.jpg
This was this morning. I guess I'll see what happens when the lights come on?
8955895da060a1f0329cdb2a0afde826.jpg

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Anemone is bleached, and seem like it just be able to take a hold at the spot but very weak.
I used to have a very healthy sebae malu, it's just bleached very heavy. I gave it away to a guy with Sebae Anemone dominated tank, below is the old picture it anchored to the rock work less than 30 mins and the clownfish joined in pretty much instantly and you can see it foot wrapping around the rock work curve. The flow at that spot strong enough to make it tentacle waving back and forward very gentle.
Sebae Malu.jpg

OP
OP
BlueWorldJeff

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Anemone is bleached, and seem like it just be able to take a hold at the spot but very weak.
I used to have a very healthy sebae malu, it's just bleached very heavy. I gave it away to a guy with Sebae Anemone dominated tank, below is the old picture it anchored to the rock work less than 30 mins and the clownfish joined in pretty much instantly and you can see it foot wrapping around the rock work curve. The flow at that spot strong enough to make it tentacle waving back and forward very gentle.
Sebae Malu.jpg
Yeah, mine doesn't have tentacles as long as the one in the picture. Should I place it on the rocks and see if it will attach? Right now the foot is in the sand

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, mine doesn't have tentacles as long as the one in the picture. Should I place it on the rocks and see if it will attach? Right now the foot is in the sand
At this point I would leave it alone and monitor it, keep moving it around is not a good idea. Meanwhile, take sometime to check out some sticky threads about Anemone :)

Back