Setosa and Acros?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RadReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RadReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
1
Location
Franklin Park, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can put a monti setosa by acroporas, specifically an oregon tort? I had a tort a few years ago and a monti digitata branch fell on my colony and killed the whole thing.
 
I have a setosa beside a cali tort with no problem. Of course, they both have room to spread without touching but it shouldn't be a problem as long as you give each room to grow.
 
jabberkaycee is right. You wont have any problems unless they run out of room. Neither one of them have long polyps which helps. that being said, If they touch you are in a world of trouble. For what ever reason the few setosa's I have had are very touchy and have been completely killed by very quick interactions with my other SPS.
 
I have had a Setosa by other acros before. Never have they touched each other. I think they would be fine.
If you are nervous make sure they have plenty of room to grow.
 
Cool. I'm assuming that they'll grow into large beautiful colonies so if they get close I'll just have to frag them away from each other. That means frags I can sell or trade! I've had colonies touch before and I could do nothing to stop the rapid tissue death not even fraggin the healthy tips off, usually they died to, as if infected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new