Shipping delayed/lost question

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a question and if it can’t be asked here, feel free to move it to the right thread. I purchased a mp10 from someone on the December 29th and it was shipped out on December 30th (going from Delaware to Maryland) and somehow still delayed. It was supposed to come on January 5th and yet it’s seen all of the east coast. I was curious at what point do you cut your loses and have them use their insurance to get their refund as I get mine through opening a PayPal dispute. I’m a fair guy so I genuinely want to know how people typically handle something like this as over the 10 years reefing, I never had this happen. Looking for advice. Thanks!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a question and if it can’t be asked here, feel free to move it to the right thread. I purchased a mp10 from someone on the December 29th and it was shipped out on December 30th (going from Delaware to Maryland) and somehow still delayed. It was supposed to come on January 5th and yet it’s seen all of the east coast. I was curious at what point do you cut your loses and have them use their insurance to get their refund as I get mine through opening a PayPal dispute. I’m a fair guy so I genuinely want to know how people typically handle something like this as over the 10 years reefing, I never had this happen. Looking for advice. Thanks!

I would ask what courier was used, each will have a wait time for lost parcels, 14 days for the one I use, I would wait that time out or if using PayPal etc if their claim period is less, I would go with that.

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask what courier was used, each will have a wait time for lost parcels, 14 days for the one I use, I would wait that time out or if using PayPal etc if their claim period is less, I would go with that.
They used usps which is a nightmare. Thank you!

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a new gyre online black Friday, they shipped it usps that monday. I just got it last week, they are way behind and the post office would not consider it lost since they had good tracking on it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This has been common since Nov 17, 2020 and quite frankly Inexcusable. Same issue going on here in Wisconsin

OP
OP
Denisk

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a new gyre online black Friday, they shipped it usps that monday. I just got it last week, they are way behind and the post office would not consider it lost since they had good tracking on it.
thats absolutely crazy!!

This has been common since Nov 17, 2020 and quite frankly Inexcusable. Same issue going on here in Wisconsin
Yeah I’m not surprised it’s everywhere from the feedback I’m getting.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
thats absolutely crazy!!

Yeah I’m not surprised it’s everywhere from the feedback I’m getting.
There are people on the news in Milwaukee who are still waiting for packages from Black Friday and are about to lose their privileges to return the goods

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back