Should get a blue stripped pipefish??

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm looking into getting a blue striped pipefish for my 32-gallon cube and was wondering what your experience has been with these little fish? Also, where did you guys get yours from? My LFS rarely has pipefish and I don't really trust them when it comes to having healthy fish anyways. Just want to know what has helped you guys be successful with this interesting little fish!

Thanks so much #reefsquad

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepared to buy or culture pods to keep the tank stocked. What are your other tank inhabitants? They can't tolerate any aggression at all and I think strong currents give them a fit too.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepared to buy or culture pods to keep the tank stocked. What are your other tank inhabitants? They can't tolerate any aggression at all and I think strong currents give them a fit too.
I have a blenny and a pair of clowns atm. I'm planning on adding pods regularly and I'm going to make a brine shrimp hatchery to make sure these guys stay well fed.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you'd be ok as long as you have a plan to keep it fed. Your tank mates shouldn't be a problem with aggression or competition with food. I wouldn't add another pod eater in that small a tank tho. It would be too much competition for food and the faster hunter would likely starve the other out.

Hopefully someone else chimes in and agrees. Good luck. ;)

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you'd be ok as long as you have a plan to keep it fed. Your tank mates shouldn't be a problem with aggression or competition with food. I wouldn't add another pod eater in that small a tank tho. It would be too much competition for food and the faster hunter would likely starve the other out.

Hopefully someone else chimes in and agrees. Good luck. ;)
Thanks so much! The pipefish would be the only pod eater and being that they're so small I don't think it'll be too hard keeping this guy well fed. I really appreciate the help! ;Happy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back