Should I buy a new skimmer?

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a seaside aquatics AS21 skimmer. Rated for a 300g aquarium it runs 2 PSK1000.

I got this used for nearly next to nothing. The previous owners I think treated it like trash. Current issues

Had to throw away 1 of the PSK pumps due to the magnitized propeller ruptured and expanded cracking the pump in two.

Replaced the other prop due to same expansion issue but not to the point where the pump needed replacing.

Missing one of the PSK air nosel thing (will be posting picks)

The air adjuster or what ever you want to call it looks like it is missing something like a cover. The hoses are easy to break like I’m guessing they are just old.

The skimmer head might have at one point cracked and they cyliconed the entire thing...looks like old wrinkly skin.

I found a replacement psk1000 for 118 bucks. Can any one point me in the right direction to find replacement parts...I’ve tried looking at the manufactures website and all I get is a headache. Or should I say shuck it and get a new decent skimmer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a new skimmer! You will feel better that you did plus for piece of mind you will be better off! This way you will know it’s working good or it’s under warranty. Plus, like you said you don’t know how the previous owner took care of it. Kind of like buying a used car, however, on a much smaller and less expensive side but still the same kind of example.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back