0   0   0
1601050823420.gif

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! We have some great threads on algea and stuff. Tons of knowledgeable people here.
we love photos too!

Toushould post a new thread in the algea section with your tank parameters, and photos to start with.

It’s an exciting and rewarding hobby but so much to learn! But the good news is your in the right place

take care and happy reefing!

SirHealsALot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken over an aunts tanks of several yrs so very well established after the move I lost a lot of habitats due to the age and stress of the ordeal, after anything n everything going wrong I only left with 2 clown fish in a 190 litre fluval so plenty of live rock all parameters are stable bit I'm get bushes of green algea like moss balls anyway I've been really keen for a star fish but everyone one says they really difficult to keep n most people av then in the sump, so is this because of amount they eat ie:in the tank low survival because of lack of food so if my tank is over run with macro will this give me a better chance of success...!
Thanks in advance for any info received

Hmm Starfish aren't the hardiest of creatures and they certainly won't take care of your bushes of green algae. Your best bet against that is a sea slug from your local fish shop. They go through algae QUICK and once you're all cleaned out, you can return the little guy :)

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken over an aunts tanks of several yrs so very well established after the move I lost a lot of habitats due to the age and stress of the ordeal, after anything n everything going wrong I only left with 2 clown fish in a 190 litre fluval so plenty of live rock all parameters are stable bit I'm get bushes of green algea like moss balls anyway I've been really keen for a star fish but everyone one says they really difficult to keep n most people av then in the sump, so is this because of amount they eat ie:in the tank low survival because of lack of food so if my tank is over run with macro will this give me a better chance of success...!
Thanks in advance for any info received
Best place to get GOOD advice.
Welcome

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back