pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 3/4" size for my 750. It appears vivid does not sell locline in their site? That wye piece appears to be a locline adapter? A single stream of flow is too much for my varios 8. Sand will not stay put as it comes factory.

3/4" loc-line - http://amzn.to/2fj3Y8l

Joshua Inoue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man, I'm glad you joined R2R and posted in here. I look forward to seeing it all set up!
?
Here it is all setup! it's had transferred water/rocks and livestock since day1, I treated the move a big water change. I finally got my skimmer/doser and ATO setup this past week.

I have a couple of questions:

1) My Jebao DCT-8000 is loud as heck, silicone mats seem to make no difference, any ideas?
2) The build in ATO seems to be super slow and basically is useless, is anyone else seeing that or is mine setup poorly?
20170731_152648.jpg

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you have the valve open on the rubber water drain line from the ato tank. You should see a stream of water coming out of the back of the float valve when the water level is low. You will have to get down on your knees to see it.

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone provide pictures and or link for 525xl ATO converted to refugium, thanks

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here hard plumbed a RedSea 450? I know the fittings are a little different so I’m wondering if i need to get special fittings to hard plumb my new sump.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the first page. @Broadfield has the 450.

You'll need the part from Red Sea circled below to hard plumb your system.

Reefer Fitting.jpg

ketchup318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Been following since the beginning; found the thread right after I got myself a RSR 250.

I've been wondering how everyone is dosing since I've always had precipitation issues. I dose with a GHL doser, dosing throughout the day, at a rate of 10ml/min. I use the BRS two part, and add Mg monthly, as needed.

My levels are maintained pretty well
CA 425
Mg 1300
Alk 7.6 (I'd like it higher, but everything seems to get covered in white)

The problem is, whenever I dose, I get buildup. I hear that some people dose in the return section. I can't imagine doing that since the flow seems slower. I have the tubes right over the skimmer outlet, so there's a lot of flow right where the additives drop in. I don't think my pump would last too long if I dosed in the return chamber.

Any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_20170727_200404.jpg

re76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Been following since the beginning; found the thread right after I got myself a RSR 250.

I've been wondering how everyone is dosing since I've always had precipitation issues. I dose with a GHL doser, dosing throughout the day, at a rate of 10ml/min. I use the BRS two part, and add Mg monthly, as needed.

CA 425
Mg 1300

The problem is, whenever I dose, I get buildup. I hear that some people dose in the return section. I can't imagine doing that since the flow seems slower. I have the tubes right over the skimmer outlet, so there's a lot of flow right where the additives drop in. I don't think my pump would last too long if I dosed in the return chamber.

Any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_20170727_200404.jpg

How many ml per day total are you dosing?

I constantly battled precipitation until I switched to dosing sodium bicarbonate instead of sodium carbonate.

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

CA 425
Mg 1300

Any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_20170727_200404.jpg
I had similar problems dosing in the skimmer area of the sump. I moved my dosing tubes to behind the ATO reservoir where the water from the main tank comes into the sump. I also reduced my dosing amount - if you are dosing more than 65 ml of BRS two part each daily you may also want to consider reducing. Moving the dosing tubes and reducing the amount of dosing solved my precipitation issue.

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a pair of Crud Catcher (high flow) from Little Ocean for a couple of months now. Each week I just pull out the used filter floss, toss it in the trash and put in new filter floss.

The Crud Catchers do have to be aligned just right to pull it out of the filter sock ring. I've thought about glueing it in place. I also had to pay for international shipping to the US which is just as much as the Crud Catchers. Overall I'm happy with the product as it works as advertised.

Here is how they look after a week in my 250:
First chamber:
WP_20170728_19_48_34_Pro.jpg
Second chamber:
WP_20170728_19_51_29_Pro.jpg

ketchup318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now i'm concerned.. I'm doing about 200ml a day into my 250. And oddly enough, my alk isn't going higher.

I've calibrated the doser, so it's dosing what it's supposed to. I'm wondering what's going on.

I'm testing with a Hanna checker, and I had my LFS test the water too. It's in the ballpark...

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now i'm concerned.. I'm doing about 200ml a day into my 250. And oddly enough, my alk isn't going higher.

I've calibrated the doser, so it's dosing what it's supposed to. I'm wondering what's going on.

I'm testing with a Hanna checker, and I had my LFS test the water too. It's in the ballpark...

That sounds way too much. You're dosing 200ml of each? I have a 350 and only dose 60ml. I dose in the drain section before the filter socks, it seems to have the most flow.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have an XL425 with 4 clams and almost all SPS and only dosing 45ml a day of ESV B-Ionic. I dose by the return pump and have the Neptune Dos set to dose both all day. Does 0.6ml every 19 minutes currently. Have them staggered so CAL and ALK are dosed 5 minutes apart, with such small doses at a time no precipitation issues. How much of each are you dosing each time and how far apart? Seems like you may have them dose to close together causing precipitation issues if you are dosing a lot each time.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back