abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Ive had my 250 up and running for about 2 months now. I have decided i want something with a little more oomph for the return pump than the eheim compact 3000 i have right now. Thinking of going with the jebao dct-6000. I however know literally nothing about plumbing and the like, so how would i go about using this return pump with the green flexi hose the tank uses for the return?

I have the 12000, but I would assume the 6000 would come with the same fittings. It has a barbed fitting that tapers as it goes up. I think it went from 1.5" down to .75". You just cut it where you need to for the right diameter and slide the hose right on. Below is the fitting.
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 2.20.44 PM.png

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys, Ive had my 250 up and running for about 2 months now. I have decided i want something with a little more oomph for the return pump than the eheim compact 3000 i have right now. Thinking of going with the jebao dct-6000. I however know literally nothing about plumbing and the like, so how would i go about using this return pump with the green flexi hose the tank uses for the return?
I have the 12000 soft tubbed for now, going to hard plumb in future cause i have a vertex media reactor

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How reliable are the Jebao pumps? Good reviews on amazon but im still a little skeptical..

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna give my current pump a major cleaning and see if that helps anything, if not i might bite the bullet and get the jebao. Hopefully it fits in the return chamber of my 250

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running the nyos 120 skimmer? Trying to figure out why mine is so loud

Yep, mine is dead silent! Is it like a vibration? Does it make the sound with the collection cup lid off?

whatchamacallit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's a vibration. Loudest thing on this tank. Everything else is dead quiet. The whole cup off or just the lid? Without the lid it's still the same sound

ReeferCub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those trying to run zeovit in reefer 170, the vertex 1.5 media reactor and the deltec sc 1351 skimmer is a perfect fit in the small sump. This is just an fyi. I went through a lot of research to get this match. None of the other high quality skimmers were small enough to fit in with the zeovit reactor.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure i already know the answer but i suppose it cant hurt to ask, and since you guys know the size and specs of the system i figure youre the best ones to ask.

In my 250 i dont have much in terms of coral right now and as i add more i understand that more and more calcium and alk will be sucked up by the corals. My question is, is the weekly waterchange enough to keep the params high enough for the coral to grow?

At what point will i need to start dosing or running some form of reactor? If at all in such a small system? Its gonna be a mixed reef so not a super heavy sps reef. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's a vibration. Loudest thing on this tank. Everything else is dead quiet. The whole cup off or just the lid? Without the lid it's still the same sound

Is the bubble plate twister snug to the bubble plate? You definitely don't want to over tighten it, but make sure the screw is snug.

If you can't figure it out, I would probably disassemble the entire skimmer and reassemble it. If you still have the vibration, I would return it.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure i already know the answer but i suppose it cant hurt to ask, and since you guys know the size and specs of the system i figure youre the best ones to ask.

In my 250 i dont have much in terms of coral right now and as i add more i understand that more and more calcium and alk will be sucked up by the corals. My question is, is the weekly waterchange enough to keep the params high enough for the coral to grow?

At what point will i need to start dosing or running some form of reactor? If at all in such a small system? Its gonna be a mixed reef so not a super heavy sps reef. Thoughts?

As a responsible reefer, the only answer I can give you is to simply test your parameters. Your tests will give you the answer you are looking for. Because even if someone with the same tank chimes in on their personal results, it doesn't mean you will have even remotely the same results.

Awesome looking tank by-the-way!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

boomopret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 XR 15 Pro on my 450 set to 45% using the Radiant color template. I have also switched to the wide angle lenses which gives me my 24 by 24 coverage pattern on each side. I think I would like a 3rd light but so far so good assuming my cat doesn't destroy another light knocking it into the aquarium.

trahelyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is reactor fits best in the reefer 250 sump?
I have 2 AI26s. It's sufficient, but I might add a third light at some point. There is an Apex module for them, but I'm using the AI director, only because I bought the lights before I bought the Apex.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back